Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Way too many students per teacher!! There is NO one on one time for the kids!

Horrible horrible incompetently opperated drop off and pick up system!!! Our kids are forced to walk through the rain to get to their classroom in the mornings. The upper and lower are both in the same drive through drop off line, so the entire hwy is blocked all morning with the huge line. For pick up, the parents all have two small parking lots to fight over spots in so that we can get our kids. There is no drive through pick up. Rain or shine, your walking 1/2 mile to get your child! The teachers are OK at best. Office staff seem over worked and unhappy... My daughter is unhappy every single day.

My grandson just started public school after attending only private schools.Iwas very fearful that he would not receive the same quality of education. My fears were unfounded. The teachers and staff are great! They go out of their way to help you. He receives the same quality of education. I am very impressed. This is a great school with great teachers who are dedicated to giving our children a great education.

Gwen Smith is a outstanding teacher she takes her students and puts them under her (owl) wing and puts 100% towards their learning and loves each and everyone of her students. My Grandson is Kameron Snyder and he absolutely adores her.Gwen Smith is a 5 STAR teacher in my eyes. We already miss her !

I currently have three children in PRC Elem. I have never had a problem. All the teachers my children have had has been great. The principals along with the teachers & Staff are always willing to help in whatever you need. I have been a volunteer ever since my first child started school 5 years ago!

Ithink there need to be more school police at the school every school day thoughout the school year. And there also needs to be more asst. Teachers there or hall montors.There just needs to be more secrutie at our elem. school for lower and most of all the upper.When My Child passes to the 6th grade thats the year i will homeschool him. Theres noway im gona put up with him getting out of school close to 4 p.m ans returning home at 6 p.m.Theres so much us parents or gardians that are dis satisfied with this new school setup. Thats why theres too many parents picking their child up with daily pickup this school year, This is getting way out of hand now.

I have always been pleased with the personal involvement with teachers at PRC. However, the quality of education offered is lacking. The classroom sizes are overwhelming. Special needs students do receive a quality education, but gifted students fall by the wayside. Also, I was concerned when I discovered that Bibles were being handed out at the school. What happened to the separation of Church and State?! I wonder if there would be as much apathy if copies of the Koran being distributed. I wish the school would concentrate less on my child's spiritual foundation and more on his education.

My son attends the special ed pre-school at PRC. We have been blessed with two extremely patient, loving, and knowledgeable teachers. Yes, our school may be overcrowded but it is up to us, as parents and the community, to vote for the building of a new school. Also, I am very grateful for the one on one time that my son receives at school. These children are our future,and none of them, despite how severe there disabilities may be, deserve to be left behind.

From the inside: PRC provides a loving, caring environment for students to learn. Class size is horrible, over crowding is due to rapid growth in the district and a community that didn't support a recent bond issue to build a new school. Computers are primarily in labs, very few in classrooms for student use, teachers have to reserve lab time if they want to use computers for research, etc. Most teachers are not technology savy, district is lacking in providing adequate training for teachers and staff.

I was anxious to send my children to a school that boasts about such fine scores and technology rich classes. . .I was extremely disappointed. The computer labs are offered to children with disabilities and the computer program offered is to help students perform better on the standardized tests. . .hence the better scores. The number of students is overwhelming, another campus is needed, not to mention a better afternoon car line. The class atmosphere is not technology rich, but rich with workbooks and worksheets. Hands-on learning and student centered activities need to be implemented. The homework is atrocious! My child is a straight A student who was forced to sit in the back of the classroom doing busy work while the teacher gave the at risk students one on one attention. Great school if your child is at risk.

Last modified Pearl River Central Upper Elementary School is a Public school