Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My son is a recent graduate of PRC. He received a good education and studied physics, higher math courses, and even took a dual enrollment course for college credit. Since the new administration has been in place, PRCHS has improved tremendously. Many of the former teachers are no longer there. There are many new teachers who strive for excellence in education. Parents and students need to remember, though, that a child only gets out of education what he/she puts in, and parental involvement in the education process is vital.

Sounds like these, or their children, critical of the school weren't smart enough to make the grade even with the extra help available via after school tutoring. Maybe you should begin looking into some vocational, manual labor type, endeavors. College isn't for you.

I am currently enrolled at PRCHS, and it is a miracle that the school wasn't shut down by the state years ago! If you are considering sending your child to this high school you MUST reconsider! Any student who graduates from PRC will have major problems in college and the rest of their life! Absolutely any student who takes a course here can PASS WITH FLYING COLORS without learning anything about the subject at hand! I would never recommend such a poor education on my worst enemy.

The school just isn't what it used to be! PRC used to be one of the best schools in the state, but the level of student that is being produced recently isn't what it needs to be for them to succeed in College and beyond! I would like to encourage parents to be more involved in their child's education. If you don't care enough to get involved, then the system will never improve! And I don't mean just to talk bad about the school on the street! Go to Board meetings, go to PTA meetings, and meet with the school's principal to express your concerns and open a pathway for improvement! High School is not a place for baby sitting your child while you are at work, they are supposed to be preparing them for a future! Right now, I don't think they are generating the quality that is needed to be a buggy pusher at WalMart! This could be changing with the new administration, and I hope it is...but the last few years have been BAD! I wish the teachers at PRC would express as much zest for teaching as they do for beating the busses out of the parking lot each day! Wish the school board would get out of the way and let those who know how to educate do their jobs too!

Let me preface this post with saying, many of the faculty I met while at PRCHS were devoted men and women. However, the majority of those I just mentioned worked in the office, band hall, and cafeteria. Since graduating in '08, I have, miraculously and without the help of PRC, made it through four years of college and earned a Bachelor's. I had two wonderful teachers, one who left the school a few years ago and one who recently passed away--but only two. I had teachers who allowed us to watch movies and have parties instead of learning. It disgusts me that this institution is still filled with teachers who simply do not care to engage students in learning, but rather, wait until the last two weeks of class to do any type of assignments--I just heard this from a parent earlier today who has a student enrolled in the ninth grade. It's unfortunate that parents have to send their parents to this school simply because of their zipcode; however, It is my hope that the current principal can improve this school before its reputation becomes even worse. I would not send my child to this school and lament the loss of four years of my life which left me lacking necessary skills for college.

We have a new Principal this coming year and we are all hoping this will be a great year. She appears to be very competent and determined to improve our school. I am a new highschool parent last year and went to a PTSA meeting; there were only 16 parents there. We have almost 900 students in our school. I was shocked that parents aren't involved! A school cannot be good without parent involvement. PRC Parents please show support for improved academics and more rigorous teaching though your PTA/PTSA or just communicating this to your School Board Member and Principal. An A in a class does not mean your child is learning, if the class is not being taught at a challenging level. Question your child on material they have just learned or Google what they should have learned in a specific class. Like you, I want my kids to be successful and not just get by.

I love this school. The teachers are wonderful. They keep me informed with my sons performance. The teachers are always available when I need them. My son started school there in the 6th grade. He has never been to a better school. We used to live in New Orleans. Send your kid to school there then you will have a reason to complain.

We started the 2010-2011 school years without enough science and math teachers. The first semester 9th grade Biology Class had 4 teachers cycling through teaching the students. The Biology books were not delivered until September 23, 2010. We started school August 5. There is not a physics teacher because our superintendent stated in the Picayune Item it is cheaper for our students to take the course on line. Most of the students dropped the course because physics is a course that is difficult to take on line. There are no honor classes for the 9th graders even though they had honors courses in middle school. They are working on vocations but it will take some time before they have a vocation department that can really help our children. Needless to say if I did not live it this area I would not buy a house in this area if I had a high school student. We do have teachers that are caring but they are working against the odds! There are to many proplems with the administration.

i will never send my children to PRCHS. the teachers over baby the students. the teachers dont let the students grow as an individual and become more responsible. the teachers give way to many chances to let students make up there work. i have gone to PRCHS for three years now and i have not learned anything. most of my time at PRCHS is spent sleeping because the teachers have not planned a lesson for the class.

i attended PRC k-12 loved every year loved the teachers and all the staff that i had the pilivage of meeting. this is a above average school that encourages its students both mentally and physically to excel. i loved this school and will be sending my own child here.

Last modified Pearl River Central High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.