Bad
Good

W A Higgins Middle School 5

Posted September 13, 2012
W. A. Higgins is unlike any other here in Clarksdale, MS. It is neither a perfect school, nor unique in what the school delivers. I do not think that uniforms/ or dressing uniformed makes a school better or the best; however, I think that the student's look nice. I wish that the schools in the CPD all have the wide range of choices. As for MCT2- I'm not an advocate of this test. Many of the teachers are responsible and aware of their students and demand/challenge their students. I have yet to experience a negative side of teachers as of today. I am very sure that there are some concerns from various parents; however, so far it has been a smooth journey for my daughter who is in attendance and an A/ Honor's student. As a educator myself, I understand the issues that can go on in the school. My biggest concern in the entire school district here is the overwhelming use of Teach for America Instructors, of whom I feel are unaware of how to prioritize their classrooms, thus leaving room for unnecessary and avoidable behavior. Higgins students are busy and working hard and if they weren't I would not be so kind in my review, and if things change I will report it.

W A Higgins Middle School 1

Posted July 15, 2012
The teacher are very bad and have no control over students they can not teach at all .The new uniform policy may change a lot but this school need better teachers who teach and just don't give us the answers to the Mct2,and The 9 weeks teachers test.

W A Higgins Middle School
1749 Chesnut St, Clarksdale, MS  38614
Last modified W A Higgins Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.