Posted May 21, 2014
This is not a great school. The communication between the parents and teachers is lacking. They don't have regularly scheduled parent-teacher conferences, you only hear about issues when your child comes home with a demerit. They don't allow the children to talk at lunch, after only a 10 minute recess. The arts/music program is lacking. Surprising for what was heralded as one of the better districts in the state. There aren't many opportunities for parents to get involved, unless you're "in". Our kid is an average student and this year she's become very discouraged about school and her abilities. Her teachers are snappy and don't use the "positive discipline" method, which is a change for her. This is an average school, we'll be switching to a private school for next year.

Posted March 18, 2013
EASTSIDE is average, I suppose. However, MY children deserve and require better. Well below acceptable are Math and Language instruction, overall school management (bad Principal) and the school system's singular focus on scoring high on standardized testing.

Eastside Elementary School 1

Posted February 10, 2012
I have to disagree with the sentiment that this is one of the best schools. Healthy children mean healthy minds and bodies. Taking away recess is asking for unattentive, disruptive children. The children are not allowed to even talk at lunch. The demerit system is a failure, and teachers lack the inability to communicate with parents except by demerit notes that are brought home by children. I have heard many parents say that they have not had a good experience with Eastside Elementary.

Eastside Elementary School 4

Posted September 07, 2009

Eastside Elementary School 4

Posted June 19, 2009
School experience is good so far. Very difficult to get involved, especially in the PTA, if you're not a member of the 'in' crowd or the wealthy elite.

Posted February 10, 2008

Eastside Elementary School 2

Posted January 08, 2008

Eastside Elementary School 5

Posted September 16, 2007
This school is great! My child just loves going to school every day. The teachers are so caring and the school leadership is second to none. I have had to go to the office about a situation only once, and it was handled with so much compassion and sensitivity. I would like to see more sports offered to our boys at school. My child does love the PE instructors here though. I am an active member of the PTA and it is very involved. Eastside is a wonderful school for students going through a difficult age. Fourth and fifth grade is difficult and everyone at this school works to make each child feel special.

Posted April 25, 2007
I must say We've been very disappointed this year. I have a son in fifth grade. You can not imagine the amount of fights this year. I believe it is the result of the principle not having enough experience as a leader... I believe this school can be saved with a new principle. The assistant principle is much more involved with our children...

Eastside Elementary School 5

Posted February 18, 2004
More parental involvement is needed to insure that our children master the skills of learning. Our experience at Eastside has been a very good one and we appreciate all of the staff at the school especially Dr. Gladney's leadership. Parents must take an active stand in their child's education.

Eastside Elementary School
201 Easthaven Dr, Clinton, MS  39056
Last modified Eastside Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.