No rating

Coldwater High School

Public | 9-12

Student diversity

Posted January 30, 2010

As an employee at CHS, it should be known that our students strive to be their best daily. CHS has had more 2008 and 2009 graduates enter training after high school (college, university, military, trade school) than any other high school in the county. CHS has the highest graduation rate in the Tate County School District.

Posted January 7, 2009

I am currently attending Coldwater High School and i have to say that it is a great school. YES we do learn. I've been attending Coldwater all my life and i've been on Honor Roll and Principles Lists all up and down my years of school. Not only do we learn we have the best basketball team it is. All other underachieved schools,students,andparents can hate all they want because i know for a fact that i learn better in a small school wit a small class. I get the help i need everyday. its not the teachers, its the students that dnt want to learn that makes it hard for a hard workin student like me. Jalisa Mack

Posted January 24, 2008

I ahve to disagree that the olny great things going on at CHS ar ethe drumline and basketball team. I am from the heart of the MS Delta and moved here specifically to teach at Coldwater High School. I also have a child who attends Coldwater High. I believe Coldwater has the potential to become one of the greatest small schools in this area, under the direction of Ms. Galliger. It would help greatly if we could get more community and parent involvment. These children need a strong hand to lead, they need to be reminded of their potential and respect for those who choose to educate them. Unfortunatley that is not something we see within most of the student body at Coldwater.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 19, 2007

The only thing good about Coldwater is the basketball teams and the drumline

Posted February 14, 2007

I currently teach at Coldwater High School and must say that it is a joy to come to work everyday. The students are eager to learn and better themselves. I am aware of what is said about Coldwater High School, but I must say that it has changed a great deal over the past few years and students are truly being prepared for the 'real' world. It is a great school.

Posted May 30, 2006

I am a former Coldwater graduate and I have to admit that I would NEVER send my kids there. I went on to college and did very well but I really struggled at first because I was not prepared at all. There were a select few teachers that cared and actually taught but for the most part the teachers were there to merely draw a paycheck.

Posted February 19, 2006

I am a parent of a graduate of CHS and my child did/is having trouble in college. I have 2 more children who are attending CHS. I agree w/some of the things people have posted here and disagree with others. I personally believe it is the parents (yes, parents) fault it is the way it is. The kids there are aweful! There are a few select kids that want to learn and mine are in that group. The issue now is 'who is going to Strayhorn?' Yes, Strayhorn is the best school in Tate County, but are they going to be ready to be a 'full-fledged' high school? What sports are offered, band, groups? If you are looking for a great school, CHS is not the place to go, unless you as a parent get involved.

Posted September 16, 2004

As an educator I love teaching at Coldwater High School. Over all the students are great and really enjoy learning. I attended the High School and now choose to educate there. The leaders, teachers, and students all strive to do the best job that they can and that is what is all about.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 19, 2004

I am a student at CHS and I happen to love it there. I have to point out that Mr. Crouther has done an excellent job as our principal. I believe that Ms. Gallager will carry on the excitement as principal just as she has done as vice principal. I would like to say something to the parents of other students from other schools...do not go by what you hear or think, go by what you see and know. Just take this from a chlid who does know and one who does care...Coldwater is a great school and a great place to send your children to learn and to grow.

Posted June 8, 2004

Coldwater High School might be a small school but I come from one of the top 10 schools in the country and even though it is a small school, its got great teachers that care. Ms. Johnson is one of the best teachers there and many teachers teach well. Its the kids who dont put in the effort to learn. I got to Coldwater High School, I see what goes on, Its not the teachers that Dont put in the work, it is definatley the students. They refuse to try then blame the teachers for their bad grades, Im just being honest. I love coldwater High School. Its easy to make friends and everyone lives by you so you know everyone at your school. Its like an extra family. Im proud to be a student at Coldwater High School and I dont care what anybody else has to say about that!

Posted May 13, 2004

Coldwater High School does need some improvement, but I think some of the problems are with the students. Coldwater High Schhol needs to change their school curriculm to better prepare students for college.

Posted May 3, 2004

I am a full supporter of Coldwater High School. Teachers are teaching, and students are learning. Anyone who feels differently has not visited the school!
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted March 18, 2004

This is one of the worst schools in the country! The teachers are afraid of the students and have no control. The students are some of Mississippi's poorest, creating an environment where learning comes after day to day surviving. Send you kids anywhere but here!
—Submitted by a former student

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

671 West St