Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers expect a lot out of the students. They are teaching the students to work hard, not only in the classroom, but also in life.

Amount of homework: Agree

They do give a lot of work, but these students had to show their ability to handle a large work load when they applied to the school. The work keeps them motivated to keep going and do their best.

My son is confident, strong, and happy due to his experience at this school. His attitude towards life is much more positive.

This is one of the BEST SCHOOLS in MS. I was just there and it is so AWSOME. No one can teach you what MSMS teaches you. 5 STARS all the way.

The parent who gave a 2 star review on 10/9/2007 has me confused. The claim is that MSMS is not "regionally accredited" and therefore your child was not considered for the Hope scholarship. I'm pretty sure that the Hope scholarship has a Georgia residency requirement. MSMS has a Mississippi residency requirement. It seems to me your complaint is more that you were not allowed to double dip due to your residency discrepancy, not that MSMS did anything to hinder scholarship consideration. MSMS has sent kids to universities all over the world. Cal Tech, Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Mississippi State, University of Mississippi, University of Southern Mississippi, Millsaps, MC. Those are just some of the schools my classmates went to 25 years ago. MSMS was the reason they had the opportunity to go such places.

My daughter will graduate from MSMS this Saturday. I did not want her to go. I felt she was too young and immature to make it in the strict and challenging environment of this boarding school. Well I was wrong. She not only has survived but excelled beyond my wildest dreams. It is very hard since she is competing with brilliant kids but she dug in and studied her behind off and will graduate with a 3.8. Not perfect but she has learned so much at MSMS that she wouldn't have had the opportunity to learn at her home school. I highly recommend this school. It was worth my heartache from missing her to see the awesome and confidant young lady she has become.

My son graduated from MSMS and is now a Physics and Biochemistry major in college. He is planning to become a physician. MSMS was the best opportunity for him - he learned so much more at MSMS than he could've learned in public high school. MSMS has been so instrumental in his education. The curriculum and faculty of MSMS are the best!

MSMS changed my life and is the best thing in education MS has to offer. I came from a poverty-ridden home and horrible school and ended graduating from one of the best colleges in the US. With that said, it's not for everyone. Your child should be ready both academically and emotionally. I can tell you that many kids there are spoiled and expect things to run their way, as they probably did at home. Reality Check! Parents who complain the school is too strict need a reality check too! Firstly, the school is responsible for over 250 kids, and if you think your child should not receive the consequences set for everyone and the same ones you agreed to when you signed the papers to allow them to go, then keep your child home and let other kids who really need MSMS benefit from that rare jewel.

I absolutely love this school. It is so far one of the best experiences of my life.

My son is a proud graduate of Mississippi School for Mathematics and Sciences (MSMS). As a parent I found MSMS to be an excellent high school My son has since graduate college, and, has a career in NYC.

Last modified Ms School For Math And Science is a Public school that serves grades 11-12