Posted February 24, 2014
This school is great I have 3 boys that go there and one that will be there next year. the teachers are wonderful and the main thing they want is your child to learn and know what they are learning. i love franklin. they are patient and kind and offer alot of parent and student breakfast i love those days.

Posted May 13, 2013
Just alittle insight to the last parents comment. Franklin is a Medical Magnet School. The medical professions are talked about with the students in the classrooms. That is the reason for hospital beds and skeletons in the building. If you want your child to learn arts and crafts, Cook is the school for that; however, if you want your child to learn about medical professions and medical terminology then Franklin is the right school for you. My youngest child now knows more about the human body than my older children. She now wants to be a physical therapist when she grows up instead of a princess or a pop star. Her dreams have become much larger and much more realistic since she started going to Franklin.

Franklin Elementary Medical Sciences and Wellness Magnet School 1

Posted January 11, 2012
I am very dissapointed with the quality of my son's Elementary School teacher. She is very dry, not a happy or compassionate person. It reflects from the school and appears on the faces of the children in the classroom. The schoolwork is very repetitive and boring. The school itself is scary (hospital gurny with a skeleton first thing you see) and uninviting...especially the auditoriam...no AC! I was expecially surprised when my child didn't come home with any holiday arts and crafts or an invite to a holiday luncheon. I have done this annually with my other children. Kindergarden should be a fun atmosphere to learn! If you have an option send your child to Cook...totally different experiance!

Posted November 28, 2007
Teacher Quality is fantastic and every one there is so helpful to the parents of the students. They allow parents to assist in the classrooms and on trips.

Franklin Elementary Medical Sciences and Wellness Magnet School 4

Posted February 08, 2006
I was hesitant about putting my children in Mississippi public schools. I had always heard the negative. While my child is in the minority at this school, he is too young to have the prejudices that many adults do. I am very pleased with my son's education at Franklin. He has consistantly come home with A's and B's. He is in the SPIRIT (gifted) program that meets once a week and only has about 5 children in it. The education he is receiving at this school is better than the past 2 schools he has attended. Franklin is a 'Level 5 Superior Performing School' The state uses a formula to decide which schools receive designations of Level 1 through Level 5 . Franklin Academy has also received a Closing the Achievement Gap Award for 2004-2005. This is the second time Franklin has received the award based on No Child Left Behind.

Posted November 11, 2005
Really good elementary school. Great Principle and teachers are very accessible. Kids love it. Strong PTA with good membership. Great extra classes such as spanish for K. Highly recommend Franklin.

Franklin Elementary Medical Sciences and Wellness Magnet School 4

Posted February 28, 2005
I have one child in kindergarten at this school and we have been very pleased with his experience so far. The teachers are great and really care about students. Their biggest challenge is students who come to school not as prepared to learn, but what they are able to accomplish despite this is commendable. For the school year 2003/2004 their student tests scores were among the best in Mississippi. There is a very active PTA that supports both the students and teachers. I spend a lot of time at the school and in my son's classroom and have always felt welcome and positive about what I see happening there.

Franklin Elementary Medical Sciences and Wellness Magnet School
501 North Third Ave, Columbus, MS  39701
Last modified Franklin Elementary Medical Sciences and Wellness Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Elementary Medical Sciences and Wellness Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top