K-5 & Ungraded|Public district
1,163 students|Lowndes Co School Dist

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My husband and I have four children in this school system, one with a learning disability. We are people of color and have had a wonderful experience with this school curriculum and teachers. I graduated from this school myself and am aware of its history as a school with high academic standards. I would not allow my children to go anywhere else, I would home-school them myself first, as I have in the past before we moved back here. If you are an involved parent, the teachers are willing to work with you to help your child in any way possible. We have children in the elementary, middle school and high school and have a great relationship with all their teachers. The key is the relationship. You and your child's teacher partner together to assist them and to make sure that they are receiving a quality education. Neither of you can do it alone. My husband and I have worked with children and families in a professional capacity for over 20 years and I am speaking from that experience as well as a personal one. If your child is having problems in school academically or socially, I encourage you, as parents, to talk to your children and talk with the teachers to figure out how best to educate them. It's not just the school, it's the relationship.

Amount of homework: Disagree

You really don't know what the kids are working on it School because they don't see him much of nothing home for the kids to work with me anymore

Cuz the teachers are prejudiced and they really don't take time in public school to teach the kids anymore they always rushing through work

We love New Hope Elementary School!!! We moved here just before my son's 1st grade year & we couldn't be happier. He is very advanced & his teacher was very quick to recognize his need to be challenged & has done a fantastic job of keeping him engaged & giving him challenging assignments. Mrs. Murphy is the best. All the teachers are so loving and ready with a hug for the kids as they leave school for the day new feel so blessed to have found this school.

Please think twice about letting your child go to this school. Based on my experience it was horrible. Sad to say, but there are teachers that will not help kids at all if they are having difficulties academically depending on their race. Some kindergarten teachers do not care if a child master a skill or not. Every kid is different, so therefore they learn different. This school has lots of teachers who sees color of skin.

I have one who has graduated and two in elemntary school. Overall the schools have been good. However, when the teachers let the students do what ever they want, then something is wrong. Students are being passed without much homework. As far as I can see, the one who will be paying the price is the student. The teachers in high school really do not care about grades, it is all about sports. True, teachers do care about them, if they are into some kind of sport and that is wrong. They need new staff from bus drivers, to kitchen workers, to teachers. I will have to say that there are some very wonderful teachers, and some that are not. Each of my younger children both have had a teacher that would not work with me no matter how much I tried to talk to them.

I am a teacher at New Hope Elementary school. I am very discouraged at all the negitive feedback I have read about our school. The teachers at New Hope are some of the best that I've ever worked with. Some stay late into the evening or even come to school very early to make sure the students here have a great education. I know that we live in Mississippi and that our state is low academically, however, most of it is due to state policy, not the faculty and administration at our school. We just have to do the best with what we have been given. I have also worked in the inclusion programs in our school and have seen children benefit tremendously from it. Most teachers at our school will bend over backwards to help speacial needs children learn in the best way they can.

I have to disagree with the poster regarding special services. My son, adopted internationally at age 3, has some learning problems. In his three years at NHE, I have been very pleased with all his teachers and the special services he receives. I have always taken a very active role in his education also, and he has done well.

If you have a child with a learning disability beware! Our son is language impaired. After scoring low on many language test given by the psychometrist. We were told that he would be placed in special ed for a couple of hours a week. Speech/Language was not offered and the Principal and teachers were of no help! Get your child tested privately and then fight for the services he/she deserves. This school and/or staff will not help you. Your child will be the child left behind.

This is my sons first year at New Hope. He is in first grade, so far he is having a great year. He has a very good teacher, very strict, something that he needs. Two thumbs up for New Hope

Last modified New Hope Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.