9-12 & Ungraded|Public district
772 students|Lowndes Co School Dist

Bad
Good

I attended New Hope School and my kids now are being taught there. As a parent, I feel it is my responsibility to find out how my kids are doing. I do not wait for a progress report or report card. For then, it is too late to fix a problem that needs to be fixed. I have only my kids to worry about versus the teachers 140+ students. I feel that most parents get used to being informed weekly from an elementary teacher who only has 25 students. When their child hits the middle school, they expect the same.... sorry, it just doesn't work that way. There is no possible way these teachers can do that. Many students today still need guidance, standards and goals and they need their parents to hold them accountable!! Teachers are doing all they can! When will the student take responsibility for their own actions??

I attended New Hope High School for some time and I find it to be a pretty good school. Yes, it seems that the only thing most people care about there is athletics since several of the students there are involved in some type of sports program. However, I do agree that academics should be focused on a great deal more because several of the students that were exceling in academics were not attaining enough recognition for their accomplishments but other than that I believe New Hope is still a good school. Most of the teachers there are great, nice people. Although it may seem that some of the teachers there don't teach, most of them do. A great problem however is student apathy but that's in any high school. If students--not just at New Hope--focus more on and actually care their academics, they will be better off in the future.

I graduated from this school last year, and I must say, this school needs to pick up the pace. I agree with the parent that said that this school needs more guidance, because frankly, I was totally unprepared for college. This school needs to quit worrying so much about the football field and worry about people's education. That is all.

Money and sports talk! If you do not one of these advantages you are invisible.

I am familiar with all the high schools in Lowndes County and must say that New Hope is tops. In my opinion, it ranks above Caledonia and well above West Lowndes. The facility and staff are quite good. Sometimes I feel that the teachers have to spend too much time teaching standardized tests, but their hands are tied on this. There are some apathetic students in this school, but that's par for the course in Mississippi.

Great school, academics above average, really good teachers. Parents could get a little more involved in academics, but otherwise I think this is a fine school.

I am a teacher at New Hope, The main problem is student apathy. Every day I have students come to class without books, paper or even a pencil. Most students are only interested in social life, cell phones and Ipods. However I do have about 20% excellent students.

My daughter and my son attended New Hope High School. My daughter faired slightly better than my son. It seemed to me that children that were less than perfect, cookie cutter students were tossed to the side. My daughter is very bright and self motivated. She took it upon herself to get enough out of New Hope High to persue College. My Son who slightly less self motivated but extremely bright was not given the guidance he needed to do his best in high school or further his education. I think that one thing new hope high school needs to consider is MORE GUIDANCE. This includes guidance through high school as well as guidance towards a good future whether be college or career. Please wake up New Hope High and start doing a better job with with our childrens futures.

I graduated from New Hope High School last year and I have to say that each year I attended the school went more and more down the drain. The 'teachers' don't teach at all and the principals are not concerned at all about the issues in the school. When I began college, it was a wake-up call that my education that was not what it should have been.

As a former student, I found this school way below standards academically. There is a clear difference in the way poor students are treated in comparison to the more well off students. There was inappropriate behavior by one of the male coaches with a student that was well known and nothing was ever done about it. The majority of the staff should be fired.

Last modified New Hope High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.