9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Crystal Springs High School 2

Posted May 02, 2013
Every positive aspect of this school revolves around the SATP tests. There are little or no other classes worth taking at CSHS. When every extra dollar the school makes is spent trying to increase test scores in these 4 classes, everything else suffers. As it has at CSHS.

Crystal Springs High School 5

Posted October 22, 2012
I was a student also at Crystal Springs High. I graduated in 1980. I moved to Michigan. But when I come home, I always drive by to see the school which I have so many fun years.

Posted June 24, 2009
I was a student at Crystal Springs High School. I graduated in 2006. Ms. Jones was the best in my eyes. So was the JROTC. We worked hard and then played hard.The years their went by so quickly. Everyone was great we work together and no one was left behind. Thanks so much class of 06.

Posted February 22, 2007
'Let me start by saying that Ms.Jones is not only a great principal, but she is an outstanding leader as well. Not only do we have an outstanding principal, but we have wonderful teachers too. We just need more parent and student involvement. It's going to take a lot more than a few people to get us where we need to be. We should get tired of seeing the same people doing the same stuff. It's time for a lot of us to step our game up. I feel that you shouldn't do something to get rewarded or recognized, but do it from the heart. So, I encourage everyone to get involved in some way or another. I'm very proud to say that I'm a tiger, because CSHS is just about the only place I know where everybody is treated as somebody.

Posted July 30, 2006
When I arrived at CSHS in the fall of 2003, it was in desperate need of an overhaul. In 2004, the overhaul was given in the form of a new principal, Ms.Angela Jones. She is a wonderful woman who really cares about the students' needs and concerns. I really admire her and the reason that CSHS is on the progressive road is because of her. I am now a senior and have seen the school do a total 180 in the last 4 years. Thank you faculty for making it memorable. It's been tough, but I've never been more proud to be a tiger.

Posted March 23, 2006
I am a student at CSHS. I must give a personal testimony. I was really depressed and down one day and I had no idea of what I was going to do. The first smiling faces I saw were SGT Funchess and Ms. McGowan. They said some kind words to me and I said someone really does notice me. As I walked in the office, Mrs. Kim and Ms. Jones also greeted me with warm faces and kind words. It is days like that one that make me know we have a great school. The cafeteria staff, janitors, and teachers are great. We aren't #1, but we are getting there. Like the other comment, if we keep Townsend, Hill, Boyd, Crisler, Bradford, Morris, McGowan, Funchess, Martin, Pryne, Pernell, Walker, Waters, Harrison, Virgil,Cawthorne, Cliborne, and Green; we will do well. They relate and teach to us all! Love u all!

Crystal Springs High School 1

Posted March 05, 2006
The teachers mean well and, as a whole, try very hard. It's too bad the principal does not help create an atmosphere where their jobs can be done well.

Crystal Springs High School 3

Posted January 31, 2006
Crystal Springs High School is not what the first three comment make it out to be. If I had another school that I could go to, I would. It is not challenging enough and the principals aren't helping. The principal stresses the fact that we should become number one, but she doesn't even try. We, the students of Crystal Springs rarely see Ms.Angela Jones. She never gets involved with us. And the assistant principal should take the job as principal. We see him more that her. I admit, we have to do our part, but they have to do their's first.

Posted January 20, 2006
I am ashame of the way parents and students bad mouth CSHS. If parents would become more active in their children's lives, the school would not have the responsibility of teaching and raising every student. Ms. Jones, the principal, has to be doing something right, scores are on the rise. My child loves going to school and brags constantly about teachers like Mrs. Crisler, Mr. Bradford, Mrs. Morris, and Mrs. Cawthorne. I am always awaiting the new poem or great work in literature my child has learned or what great new strategy to a math problem Mrs. Hill has taught. If we become more enthused about our students and stand behind the district, things will get better. I am a firm believer in this school and those who don't, can always try HHS, Wesson, Copiah Academy, or JPS. Students and teacher, continue to make a difference for students!

Posted December 19, 2005
As a parent of a gradute of 2004 and a senior I have to come to the defense of our school,however I think we do have a lot of great teachers, and there is always room for improvement in every school, I think that we need to have harsher punishment for those kids who don't care about there educations, and in my opinion is not up to only our school officails, that is someting that starts at home. Our children should be taught from birth the differences between right and wrong it is our job as a parent to make sure that our childern have the things that they need to acheive there goals,my daughter is a senior this year and I have all the confidence that when so goes on to college that she will do great, because of some teachers at cshs

Crystal Springs High School
201 Newton St, Crystal Springs, MS  39059
Last modified Crystal Springs High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.