PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Both my kids have been there since preK-3. Teachers at Sacred Heart are amazing! Children there receive more than education, they are taught values and religion. Students are treated with love and respect.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I believe that every teacher there cares, I've never heard another parent complain about the teacher not doing their job. In fact, they go above and beyond!

Amount of homework: Agree

I believe the amount of homework is adequate based on the grade they are in. Although classes are small and much is accomplished in class, they still get homework which is good so it teaches about responsibility.

Develops character: Strongly agree

It is one of the many things they are taught. My children are taught to be honest and kind to others. Their grades reflect the effort they put into their work.

Both my children attend Sacred Heart, we are very pleased. I feel with the small class size my children get the attention they deserve, we feel like family the teachers/sisters are amazing :)

Its not really great because they don't have any police like D'Iberville schools.Something might happen and the principal bought apple computers instead of hiring polices.

You can trust the principal to follow through. Our second year and what was promised is coming to fruition. Teachers are kind and amazing and focus is on religion. We have dedicated Spanish, art, computer, music and PE teachers. what you see is what you get. There are no lies or hidden agendas here. Way to go Sacred Heart.

We left St. Alphonsus to remain in a Catholic environment. We were welcomed with open arms, have support from the principal and are kept abreast of changes in the school. Parents are welcome to offer opinions, ideas and the Principal takes everything into consideration. We are respected and treated fairly as are the children. Academically, it is a challenging environment. Exactly what my kids need to excel because the teachers care about them. This is now our home and we will not be returning to St. Al's.

FYI, this is a fine school, I had a daughter that went there. However, the diocese has this school on the closure list.

St Als "was" a great school and this was because of the excellent teachers that were let go due to the ignorance of one person. We are now going with the teachers so our children can maintain the fantastic education they once did but will no longer receive at st als. Sacred Heart is now the school to beat!

Last modified Sacred Heart Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6