5-8 & Ungraded
Diberville, MS

Posted June 17, 2014
This school has no way of dealing with children with ADHD. They will not do anything to try and help them learn. The principal has even gone so far as saying my child isn't ADHD even though he sees a specialist for it.

Posted September 02, 2013
My children attended this school, stress past tense, and it is horrible. We moved out of state and my children have attended other schools. They tell me how bad Diberville was. The middle school principal has no integrity, he doesn't mind lying and he thinks none of us will know it. Apparently he doesn't believe we can look up laws and contact state school authorities to verify his statements. All this school cares about is its federal funding. They will actually make comments about wanting your child to stay there because they score high on the state exam and they need that. I don't care about their state exam, I care about my children's education. I often had to correct what children were taught at school because it was incorrect information. I can go on and on about this pitiful excuse for a school.

Posted June 14, 2013
As a long-term substitute teacher for two teachers during the 2012/2013 school year, I can easily say that D'Ibervillew Middle School has some of the most respectful and hard working students in the entire district. As a substitute teacher, I have been reviled and talked down to by students and teachers of a few of the other schools on the coast... but the administration, faculty, staff, and students at DMS made me feel welcome, and even important, while serving there. If my children were young enough to be in grades 4-8, I would not hesitate for a moment to register them at D'Iberville Middle School. I am retired military, and I have witnessed how the folks at DMS work hard with military families to see that their children are properly placed and cared for in every way. If DMS had an opening for a full time grade 4-8 opening, I would apply for it in a heartbeat! DMS is truly a great school! ><>

Posted November 08, 2012
Military Families beware!!!! If you are assigned to Keesler DO NOT live in the D'iberville area. Especially if your child will be in grades 4-8. Some of the teachers are busy displacing a fashion show, gossiping, and bullying the children rather than teaching them. The Principals are busy giving out demerits on hear say rather than sticking to the facts. They are not friendly to new comers.!!!They tell the parents one thing and do another. If you started a college fund, I suggest you use it for private school rather than allowing this school to steal your child s innocence! As a military family we have traveled all over the word and have gone to many schools. This is the worst school we have ever been too!!!

Posted October 27, 2012
The DMS has gone through many changes. Principals,teachers and location since the other reviews have been written. It is now located at 3020 Warrior Dr. This is the old high school. The grades that attend DMS are 4-8. The principal is Dean Scarbrough, and he has done an excellent job of fixing the old building up and making it a pleasent place for children to learn. The teacher are exceptional. They really care about the students and go above and beyond to help them succed. DMS is a star schoo, which is the hghest rating given by the state. They also now offer art, music, PE and library as specials for the 4 and 5 graders. DMS is a great school and I am very happy that my children attend there.

Posted October 01, 2008
The teachers go above and beyond expectations. They truly care about the kids.

Diberville Middle School 2

Posted November 02, 2007
Communication between the school and parents is poor concerning extracurricilar activities for the kids. Also, the vice principle and teachers are more concerned with passing out demerits for petty offenses than they are with teaching.

Diberville Middle School 4

Posted July 10, 2007

Posted March 15, 2007
I have five children in the D'Iberville school system, three of which are adopted.I have never been so proud to be a part of that school as I was the day two of our adopted sons were placed there.They were welcomed with opened arms and treated as part of the community from day one.There aren't words to describe my admiration for Mrs. Luther and Mr. E, along with the group of teachers there.They are the BEST.We lost everything we had in the storm,as did most others in D'Iberville, and the love,compassion and understanding that they gave to my kids during this time can never be replaced.My children thrive academically,emotionally and socially at DMS and I cant imagine my children being anywhere else.Thank you from the bottom of my heart Mrs. Luther,MR E and your awesome group there!

Diberville Middle School 4

Posted November 01, 2006
This is my child's first year attending public school. I'm appalled at the lack of care and concern these teachers have for the education of our children. My child's grades have dropped since attending this school. If you see a child is weak in a subject area, as educators, you should be willing to help a child to succeed. When a child ask for your help and tell you they don't understand something your response should not be 'Oh well'. The testing material is different from what they are given to study. We should not be up until 10pm completing homework and assignments that do not count and are not graded. During Parent-Teacher conferences I'm being told 'It's only going to get harder.' Parents we need to step up for our children. What happen to 'No Child Left Behind'? We need to pray for Harrison County District.

Diberville Middle School
10000 Gorenflo Rd, Diberville, MS  39540
Last modified Diberville Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Diberville Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top