K-6 & Ungraded
Ellisville, MS
Students enrolled: 1,100

Posted December 19, 2008
This has been a great school for my grad-child he is in the 1st grade . He has a great teacher and assistant teacher .He was having trouble with his work. Since school started he has improved a lot. He was attending another school last year and fell the 1st grade. The other school wanted to give him medicine to fix the problem . He has made Honor Roll at the school .I think its how you teach that person and i have to give all the glory to Mrs Porter and Mrs Cooley . He could not even read hardly. now, No problem . He will fly through his Spelling,Math ,Reading. I have to give this school a A+++ for the help and also its a beautiful school. Keep up the great work SJE. FROM: A Grandmother *******

South Jones Elementary School 0

Posted July 10, 2008
I went to this school and both of my children go to this school. I think it is a great school.

South Jones Elementary School 2

Posted November 09, 2004

Posted August 18, 2004
I have had two children that attended SJE and one that is there now. All of my children love it. The teachers are very hardworking and considerate. I attribute the success my older children are having in high school directly to the quality of education and the preparation they received at South Jones Elementary. SJE is a Level 5 school and has vitually NO DISCIPLINE PROBLEMS! What more could you ask for? The learning environment and the achievement test scores are outstanding! If you are sending your child to school to get a great education then South Jones Elementary is the place to be.

Posted August 14, 2004
SJE is one of the best schools in the country. South Jones Elementary is a level five school and that says alot about both the students and the teachers. The teachers at this school are highly educated and professional. They encourage students to reach their potential and to strive for excellence. The principle is also experienced and professional. The entire staff is wonderful. Students enjoy learning and the test scores prove it. The teachers give one on one attention to the students and develop lessons to give individualized instruction to each child. Please do not let one unsatisfied parent cloud your judgement on this school. As a former student and a parent, I can assure you that you will not be dissatisfied with the professionalism, experience,encouragement, and academic excellence that you will find at South Jones Elementary School.

Posted June 29, 2004
- a administrator
I am sorry this parent had a bad experience. This is one of the best schools in the state. SJE is a level 5 school that holds students to high expectations. SJE also has one of the best faculty and staff that you will find anywhere in our great nation. This is a great school!

South Jones Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2004
The only reason that my child is still in this school is that his friends are here. I have had nothing but bad experiences with SJES with my 11 year old son. He has ADD and 5th grade at SJES has proven to be nothing but hell. He is ridiculed and yelled at in front of the other students by a teacher who has been teaching at this school for many years. I have spoken personally with her about my sons learning conditions and she assures me that she will help in every way possible. A total lie. There is no support from the counselor--for her, the job description is a joke; the principal changed jobs, so we went from bad to worse, and teachers, well, I guess I've said enough about that. Conditions permitting? Go elsewhere!

South Jones Elementary School
27 Warrior Rd, Ellisville, MS  39437
Last modified South Jones Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Jones Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top