7-12 & Ungraded|Public district
544 students|Rankin Co School Dist

Bad
Good

I was first enrolled at McLaurin in 2nd grade. Back then all elementary had to bus up to Florence because McLaurin was only a high school. I would soon fall in love with this small county school. Its one of those rare places that you immediately feel at home in. I am now over 40 and my children have the same love. Although it was built in 1958 and is in need of some improvements, its the only place I would have my children attend. Its the kind of stuff movies are made of that makes you fall in love with. Its one of those lost gems you are only once in a while lucky enough to stumble upon. McLaurin has heart! McLaurin is small town at its BEST! WE meet no strangers and welcome everyone. Teachers take the time to make sure you know the material. They work overtime unpaid, stay late and get there early to accommodate any student that could use extra help. Dr. Rimes, the principle, has an open door policy and is more than willing and eager to answer any question or offer help needed. You can keep up to date on all the schools happenings at http://www.mclaurinattendancecenter.my-pto.org/

My sons in 7th grade now I am a proud parent!Being able to send my son to a safe and educationally productive school makes me feel great for him!The teachers are wonderful, they're always there for him, and don't even get me started on how much he loves that.I remember when he went to Mendenhall he was terrible academically and sports wise he went there up until 5th grade.I always make sure to go to all of his games, because it love watching him play, and all of his friends play to and they're really good.Overall this school is one of the best schools in Rankin County its academically great, involved with sports, most importantly it's safe!After hearing about all about these school fights in places like Brandon, Puckett, and Magee I'm worried quite bit for his safety.It really scares me, I Iove him and I don't want anything to happen to him.It wasn't that violent at Mendenhall but I feel much more let at ease about my sons safety, they have great security and the teachers care so much about the students I'm not even worried!There normally are a lot of fights, but here you rarely see any!I highly recommend this school!Its a great place also a safe and happy environment.

I am very proud of our school and community. McLaurin is a fantastic school and will only get better. Live Green...Love Gold...We ARE McLaurin. S. Rimes, Principal.

This school fails our children in every way possible. Staff acts more like children than caring adults- I honestly do not think they know how to encourage them or even realize their own behavior. My child has attended school elsewhere and here, the differences are astonishing. Also academically THEworse school I have ever been a part of...this school is appalling. Should be closed. ...this is all of our futures

Both of my kids have always been great students.Unfortunately of all the schools they.have attended this has to be the worst ! I will not go into details from bullying, staff gossip about each other and students So happy my children no longer go there

McLauin High School's staff and faculty go far and beyond the call of duty for their students. They want their students to succeed. I know of teachers spending their own money and using their own time to provide for their classes. A small school set in a rural area, Mclauin does not get the financial support from private business nor the tax money, like the city schools do. As a result, Mclaurin lacks in appearance and updated equipment. The small teacher to sudent ration is a plus for us. Less than 100 students in my daughter's class, they all know each other well. Mr. Lennington and the assistant principals run a tight ship and as a parent, I am pleased about that. As soon as you turn into the school's drive, you see male coaches, teachers and principals all out front on alert watching the parking lot and students unloading. Unlike the huge city schools, you immediately are aware of who is in control at MHS. Ms Watson is always patroling the halls and the students do not want trouble with her. If your child wants to learn and succeed, then MHS is a wonderful school. However, there is low tolerance for trouble makers and clowns. MHS - a small school with a huge heart 4 students.

This school has very friendly people and it's a warm envornment. The teachers are very involved in the student life.If your kids ever have any trouble the teachers always contact the parents to let them know what their complications are. I went to school there and I'm very happy with my childhood education.

At McLaurin the principal is more worried about what color your hair is, how your clothes look, and pda. when they should be more worried about our education. I feel that we should be able to dress comfortable because I lean better when I am comfortable. I also learn better when I am listening to music. It helps me conentrate. The other day I saw a mother come to the school and raise cain because a girl had red tips in her hair. The thing about it was her tips were the same color as my natural hair color. The student had been wrote up and what I don't understand is if she is going to get wrote up for it why shouldn;t people who had blue, pink, green,or purple hair be written up? Stop worring about how we look and be more worried about our education.

I think this school has lost touch with reality and the basic principals of education. In my eyes the principal is more concerned with a students personal apperance and action than on the educational process. A great example of this is the fact that I was informed last year by a teacher that my childs entire 10th grade class was only on an 8th grade reading level. I feel that if the principal would spend more time concentrating on the educational process instead of a childs action in the hall or their apperance he would have more time to reflect on the educationl factors of how a school is suppose to be ran and the teachers would be able to spend more time educating instead of carring out his personal prefrence policies. What has this school become we refuse to educate a child because of their personal apperance?

mclaurin is a very dirty school they need a new school

Last modified Mclaurin Attendance Center is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.