PK-6 & Ungraded
Florence, MS

Posted June 02, 2014
I have a son in the high school, My son has been going here since K-5 and we have had no problems with this school or teachers. In fact they offer tutoring to help your child as much as they can. This is a great small school and community.

Mclaurin Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2014
This school is really not proficient in teaching or respect for the students/or parents. I have only knowledge of the high school. The staff is SO unprofessional and there is no doubt in my mind why they are not respected. However there are maybe four teachers employed here who are GREAT, for them we are ALL thankful!!! If you would like your child to have a real education and not just be passed for showing up, a staff who will respect your child for their individuality and not who they are related too, or who they know- DO NOT send your child here.

Posted January 28, 2012
McLaurin Elementary has really flourished under the leadership of Mrs. Nowlin & Dr. Brown. They truly love their job and care about all of the students. McLaurin Elementary students are able to learn and have fun at the same time. Testing is not the driving force here, like it is at so many other schools.

Posted August 09, 2011
I have 2 Kids at McLaurin! Great Teachers!! 1 of my kids started K and the other started 1st Grade here... We have been at McLaurin for 5 Years now! Still love it very much! If I ever had a problem with anyone or anything they worked with me to fix it! They feel like family!! Everyone knows everyone it's like living in a small town!

Posted September 17, 2008

Mclaurin Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2008
I am a parent with one child in the elementary and one in the jr high. I would rate the ele. 5 Stars hands down. The jr high on the other hand needs serious updated teachers, the office staff is great, but the teacher /coach thing isnt working. They do not know the lesson they are teaching and my all a's daughter has struggled all year in the classes that are taught by teacher/coaches.

Mclaurin Elementary School 1

Posted November 17, 2006
As someone else reported, mclaurin is like sending your child to family. That is exactly the problem at this school. I send my child to school to learn. It's as if they are telling them to memorize what they are teaching them instead of actually teaching them. This school is the reason our family is moving to another school district as well as state.

Posted May 27, 2006
McLaurin is a great school. It is like sending your child to school with family.

Mclaurin Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2006
I feel that this school is in need of leadership. the teacher are very unhappy , and it is due to the administration.

Mclaurin Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2006

Mclaurin Elementary School
2693 Star Rd, Florence, MS  39073
Last modified Mclaurin Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mclaurin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top