9-12 & Ungraded
Florence, MS

Posted May 26, 2014
My school is a wonderful place to be filled with exciting and ambitious students. I feel like my school can become better with its "Great School Rating" if we get just more "Great Students"

Posted May 11, 2014
I have gone to Florence 11 years now, and I am about to be a senior. I absolutely love this school and I would not want to go anywhere else. The administration and teachers get along with the students really well, but most people who insult our school don't understand it's not the school it's probably them. I know first hand the parents are a big part of the problem. There was a student who was told to do an assignment and when he refused to do it, he was given a 0. Shocked? You shouldn't be, he didn't do what he was supposed to, but his mommy came to the school and complained about it asking why her kid was failing. Long story short, the kid wound up with a 100. The parents like to complain when they shouldn't. And people complain about us going from a 5 to a 3. Here's the thing, it's graded on improvement. Well when you're at the very top, there's no where to go but down. We can't improve because we are already so high. I'm just saying understand what you're insulting before you sound ignorant. Overall Florence is awesome and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Go Eagles!

Posted October 28, 2013
I am a former student (2005 grad). I am shocked it is rated an 8.... My reasons for one star rating: - Extreme disciplinary problems - No parent involvement - Teachers gossip and bully worse than students - I was so poorly prepared for college. I can count on two hands, including myself, the people that went to college and didn't have a child in high school. I can count even more that dropped out sophomore year. - I graduated with people, which I can still name to this day, that could not read! The school is the same because the superintendent (Google the Rankin County Superintendent), is related to EVERYBODY that works there.

Florence High School 2

Posted June 10, 2011
As a former student I must say Florence was one of my least favorite schools I have attended sure it has good things about it but acedemicly I found it poor there was no challenge when I transferred to another school I was extremely far behind the the other students the people tend to reject new students as outcasts the band program is very small and not known to keep a band director for longer than 1-2 years the athletics teams do not move into play-offs in my opinion this is just a school to get your child involved in extracurricular activities where they couldnt at larger schools.

Posted September 15, 2009
Like any other high school, there are drugs and peer presure, but comparing to the other schools my kids have been it, it is the best.

Posted September 08, 2009
I like this school. Sure, it has its problems, as does every school. The administration is caring and compasionate, as it should be. I actually think the principal is one of the best things about Florence High School. It is also hard to compare test scores from year to year since they keep changing the criteria for passing. They could use a new facility. The current school is old and small.

Florence High School 3

Posted March 25, 2008

Posted August 08, 2007

Posted October 03, 2006
Florence is a great school. The parents are very much involved. The band program is one of the best I've seen. Students seem to really love their school. I myself graduated from Florence and I really enjoy seeing my children enjoy their time as kids.

Posted April 18, 2006

Florence High School
232 Hwy 469 North, Florence, MS  39073
Last modified Florence High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florence High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top