6-8 & Ungraded
Flowood, MS

Posted May 06, 2014
Went to 7th grade awards program and everything was for highest grade average in class and the all A club!! What about the students that have A and B honor roll!!! I think they need to be recognize also!!! Not to impress with whole the whole thing!!

Northwest Rankin Middle School 5

Posted July 23, 2013
NWRMS has been striving for years to be a STAR school. This 2013-14 may be our banner year. This is the largest middle school in the Rankin county school district. Considering its size, there are many activities that are fun to do. I love this school, and I am an all A student. I think people all over should come to this school. I'm proud to come to this school.

Northwest Rankin Middle School 3

Posted July 03, 2013
My daughter has been in the NWRS for 10 years and my son 7 years I have never had an issue until these past 2 years. The middle and high schools are so over crowded, they never address the problems that might be going on, and they expect way too much money out of us parents. (Isn't that what our tax dollars are used for?) Also the teachers get a good salary for what babysitting our children? My husband and I both have to come home from work and teacher our children the work since the teachers do a poor job at it. Also the homework is ridiculous!!!!

Posted January 28, 2013
I moved here from MO last year and have been in Rankin County school befor I am very very disapointed in this school my child hates it and so do I not what they say do not put your kids here nothing but DRUGS and alot of HATE

Posted April 28, 2012
We moved to MS last summer and bought a house in NWRMS school zone since we were told it was a great school. Our son is in the 6th grade and everything that he has learned, is a review from last year. (5th grade, state of GA). The 6th grade consists of 5 classes, two of which are PE and ART. The other classes are Math, Lauguage Arts and the students have Science one half of the year and then Social Studies the other half. NWRMS does not have the AR program nor do they encourage their students to read. I don't know how else to describe this school but to say it's very ghetto. I am disappointed in this school and my son will not be returning next year. I hope we have a better experience at MRA.

Posted April 26, 2012
My children have been in Northwest Rankin school district for 9 years. The elementary schools are outstanding. However, NWRMS leaves a lot to be desired! Most teachers show very little interest in the students. Problems within the school are 'covered up' quickly and the students are rarely given text books. Most class and homework is photocopied worksheets and more than half the teachers don't keep their websites up to date. Students are required to sign a 'no bullying' contract that is a waste of paper- especially when teachers get away with using humilliation as a way to control their students. My son was called 'worthless' by an obese woman who wasn't even his teacher- nothing was done about it! They spend 2 weeks preparing for MCT's and 2 days (at best) prepariing for final exams! I have heard great things about the high school and only hope they are true. At an age when kids are emotionally at their most vulnerable and need support and guidance from the adults around them, they are treated like garbage by teachers and administrators who won't take their faces out of their ipads long enough to see the human being standing in front of them!

Posted September 11, 2010
My son has been going to NWR middle school for 2 years and has been a A & B student since 1st grade never have I ran into any problems untill today I am so upset and do not know what to do. One of his teachers snached his makeup work out of his hand and told him he cannot do his work and the teacher hit his arm where he injured playing basetball this weekend and has a splint on his wrist and I tried to talk to the school office and principal and was told that they do not beleave that any of that happened, I just found out that this school does not care and I am scared that my son is not happy here anymore.

Northwest Rankin Middle School 5

Posted March 09, 2010
I would not let my kids go anywhere else unless it were to Jackson Prep or Hillcrest Academy.

Northwest Rankin Middle School 0

Posted July 29, 2009
My daughter has attended NWR schools for 8 years now. When we were looking to buy a house I refused to look anywhere but this school district. They have always addressed problems within a timely manner and counselors have always been helpful when needed. When my daughter was in 4th grade I had to call her teacher at home. She was very helpful. concerned, and did not rush to get off the phone. The last 3 or 4 years I have gotten e-mails from her teachers to let me know her progress. The office staff have always been nice, helpful, and considerate. I value the strict rules and the fact that students are held responsible for their actions. With a master's degree and career field working with children and adolescents with mental health and behavior issues I understand the problems faced by school staff and officials.

Northwest Rankin Middle School 0

Posted May 05, 2009
My son is in his second year at NWRMS. He loves his school. Academically he is doing great. What I dont like is the principles and the office staff. The principles will not address true behavior problems with some of the students. If they send them to the alternative school it makes them look bad. So that means the entire school population including teachers suffer. The principles are not involved at all with any of the students. The office staff are not friendly, and can be rude. As a parent I have never been asked to do anything and have always gotten the impression that involvement is not wanted. The teachers they have there are great and do care about their students, it would just be easier on them if they had the support of the principles when it comes to dealing with the thugs that they do have there.

Northwest Rankin Middle School
One Paw Print Place, Flowood, MS  39232
Last modified Northwest Rankin Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwest Rankin Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top