Posted April 26, 2014
NWRE is an awesome school! The teaching staff is excellent! I've been involved in a lot of schools and these teachers BY FAR are the best! They are loving, kind and genuinely care for your child! Kara Killough is a fabulous principal. She truly cares about this school and making it the best it can be!! If you live in or are moving to this area, NORTHWEST ELEMENTARY is the school to be in!!! We love it here!!!

Northwest Elementary School 3

Posted September 29, 2009
They do not teach Art. What happened to the Art program?

Posted August 30, 2009
While this is the oldest elementary school in the Northwest Rankin School District, the current principal and assistant principal along with awesome teachers and other staff are unbelieveable! The attention, support, and education they provide is first rate! Keep up the great job!

Posted December 05, 2003
I have done a lot of research on the standards in other states, and I must say that NWE is doing a great job of preparing our students. I know that my son is reading on almost a third grade level and he is not quite half way through the first grade year. I get a behavior report every day....and I know that the students are learning.

Posted August 19, 2003
I think the school is wonderful. The children seem to be learning more than some of my friends children in other schools. They have enjoyed all of their teachers. I have been highly impressed with the quality of the teachers so far. They have P.E. for the Kindergarten children. My only disappointment is that currently there is no art class. It helps children develop their true creativity. Kimberly Warren

Northwest Elementary School
500 Vine Dr, Flowood, MS  39232
Last modified Northwest Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwest Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top