6-8 & Ungraded|Public district
694 students|Pascagoula School Dist

Bad
Good

Registered my son and had to pay a late fee that no one knew what it was for. The secretary didn't want to look or find out what it was about. She just keeped saying pay or you can not register your son. Lazy if you ask me. Someone should know why I had a fee of almost $16. I can't believe the people they have working in the schools. Now I know why my son said he don't like going to school anymore. Thanks alot GMS.

From the very beginning of our daughter's entrance to GMS in 2010, my ex-husband and I have had nothing but issues. It first started when our daughter wanted to take band, she got accepted but when it came to getting the instrument, we was told that if we couldn't afford one, because we are not doctors or lawyers, financial assistance is available. When she had to switch classes around to fit in her band class, we was told that one of the classes, the band teacher felt that our daughter was "not preppy" enough and she would be teased by the other students. My ex confronted the teacher, they had a big arguement and ever since then, my daughter got pretty much teased all year around because she is also a gifted student. I've never liked this school from the beginning because I feel that because we are both single parents, she wasn't "good enough" ..I actually dread registering her and if I can afford it, she would be going to a private school. This school puts too much effort in the "social" and not in the learning. Our daughter's first day of 6th grade, she got written up for not wearing her belt, I mean come on folks, it's your first nerve racking day of school!

My child is new to gms and it is my belief that when you lack leadeship skill, you try to manage with rules. This school concerns are not of teaching and learning but of petty concerns of uniforms and attire. I believe there are alot of racist practices being implemented there.

I am a student of GMS, and i think that this school has gotten way to strict. I used to like it, but now they have teachers that dont really know how to teach well.Either then that, it's a great school.

i once went to gms until i recently moved and sorry to say but gms is not so fun and in some classes we barely learned anything.

I love teaching at GMS. We have problems. That's true. Every school does now. However, we work hard here as a team to cope with those problems. Learning is important, and we focus on doing just that every day in class. We encourage children to believe in themselves and to celebrate their uniquenesses. Every child I teach is 'my' child. I am happy to say that I have found that to be the belief of the vast majority of teachers here as well as myself.

I attend Gautier Middle School. I am a straight 'A' student, and I am an over achiever. The school offers only 3 advanced classes for students and does not challenge students who are driven to learn. As of now, students are not allowed to go to the restroom alone due to the fact that students are using the restroom on the floor along with the fact that they are destroying school property. Now, teachers have to take the whole entire class to the restroom. Most of my teachers have quit taking the whole class to the restroom because they do not know how to behave in the hall way. We do not have any textbooks as well. However, I thank God for every teacher at that school because they are trying their best.

I am a eighth grade student here at Gautier Middle school and I moved here from AZ last year. At first I didn't like the school because of all the rules but if you behave and do what you're supposed to then there won't be a problem. Everyone is very nice to you. We have had a superior band for the last 30 years all thanks to the wonderful band directors. They also have a lot of extracurricular acivities that are a lot a fun. The pricibles are a little strict but through the school year they loosen up. Parent involvment is good too. They do a good job keeping the parents up to date. The only thing I don't like is the bathroom rule. You're only allowed to use the bathroom the first and last 15 minutes of class, and usually there is quite a few kids.

Last modified Gautier Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.