9-12 & Ungraded
Greenville, MS
Students enrolled: 1,798

Greenville Weston High School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
My school creates a positive for all students that attend. I love all of the equal oppertunites provided for all students to be able to be involved un all descisions made here. However, I believe we are lacking some involment activites such as in sports and art programs. The school only provides the standard activities, and I believe the school would greatly benefit from adding additional activities for students to emjoy.

Posted July 06, 2010
our school needs a big ungrade from the school budget all the way up to more qualified teachers..

Posted August 31, 2008
I would give the school a 4 for its efforts. The teachers and administrators do their very best, but their are people in higher positions of deputy superintendent and superintendent which are allowing terrible things to take place. They sit back or either they actively participate in the bad decisions that the school board makes. I only wish that parents would take a stand for the right things and go to these school board meetings and be heard. The children are losing out and no one is doing anthing. We are all adults and are supposed to be professional, but the school board is making decisions based on a political buddy system. They need to learn that the school district is a business and should be ran as such. I give the teachers and principals a 4 for effort.

Greenville Weston High School 4

Posted February 21, 2008
I'm a current junior here at GWHS and personally I would say our school is a great school! every school has its up downs, I mean no school is perfect. We have a new principal and new adminstrators and they are doing a great job! I would say our school has improved!I love GWHS with all my heart and I know it is a great school! Most of the teachers and staff prpeare you for college! they try to help you past your state test and every thing! They try their best and I personally can s ay GWHS is one of the best! I just hate the fact that we are the only school in the Mississippi that gets out at 3:53 most of the time four! I feel that really needs to be changed! Go Hornets! I have faith in this school!

Posted November 24, 2007
I am a former student of T. L. Weston High School. I disagree with a lot of the ratings. You can not hold the school responsible for all the problems that are occurring. Yeah, they do have a lot of problems. Regardless of the problems at the school, it is your responsiblity to make the best out the situation. If you feel you did not receive a good education, don't blame the school. If it wasn't for the teachers at the school who cared about the students, I wouldn't be where I am now. I had to realize that I couldn't let the negative things influence my education and they taught me that. I am not saying that there are not problems, but I feel the good things outweighs the bad things.

Posted August 24, 2007
I have to agree with the former students below me. I attended Greenville Weston High School my freshman and sophmore years. The way not only seniors but the whole student body was treated was outrageous. We had to walk in a single file line to lunch and you had to eat at the table with your class,and there were no pep rallies or anything having to do with school spirit. After a while students just get used to the routine. Its like a prison for eight hours. As far as the academics go there were alot of good teachers at Greenville Weston but because some students don't come to learn; they spend alot of their time writing referals. I wouldn't advise any parent to send their child to Greenville Weston High School, especially the Weston campus.

Greenville Weston High School 5

Posted February 05, 2006
I am a senior here at GWHS and I believe that we as seniors don't have the privileges that we've earned. The GPSD has made it so that we are not treated like the young adults that we are but like convicts in the state pen.

Posted November 14, 2005
I graduated from Greenville-Weston High and I totally agree with the former teacher from there. Everything about the schools are inept. For example, the young lady who graduated from Greenville High and praised the school's efforts used a lower case I and misspelled ATTENDED. Case closed. The majority of the students who graduate from the schools are poorly equipped to attend any university. Take it from me. I've a first hand account!

Greenville Weston High School 3

Posted October 25, 2005
I am a frequent visitor of many schools throughout the delta. I have found that GWHS is one of the better schools that I have visited. The major focus is teaching and learning. It is true that it is not a perfect school,but it is far better than any of the others that I have visited. On a percentage basis,the school's discipline problems are about average when compared to the other local schools within a 50 mile radius. I can say that for the most part, the Greenville Campus has far less violence than I anticipated when looked at from a percentage basis. The teachers do seem to be more self-centered than focusing on the children. They are still teaching, but not to their greatest potential. I have noticed that one Adm., Mr. C..., seems to be very concerned for the students and their education. I think he will go places.

Greenville Weston High School 3

Posted September 30, 2005
As a parent of a senior in the Class of 2006, I can honestly say that I have not been pleased with the quality of the school in recent times. I feel that too much emphasis is placed on disciplining bad students, and not enough rewards and benefits are given to students who care and perform well. No pep rallies, not many senior priveledges, and unecessary rules about things that wouldn't really affect the majority of the student body as a whole, like the ridiculous rule that prohibits wearing hooded sweaters (these come in handy in cold weather). Students who do come to school, who make good grades, and display good conduct should have extra incentives on a regular basis. Recently, Jackson State offered High School Day for seniors. My son, a graduating senior and an A student, along with his peers, should have been there. I am not pleased.

419 East Robertshaw St, Greenville, MS  38701
Last modified Greenville Weston High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenville Weston High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top