Gulfport, MS
Before care: Yes

Posted August 15, 2013
Unbelievable school!! My daughter attended 4th-6th grade and she couldn't have been happier!! My 2 yr old will definitely attend Westminster without a doubt!

Posted May 08, 2013
Westminster Academy is an amazing school.. My children have had amazing growth since we have enrolled them there! Come visit the school and see for yourself how wonderful it is, you will not be sorry you did! What they learn behind the walls of the school goes deeper then just test grades. They have a wonderful performing arts program that helps with confidence and self esteem! Five plus stars !

Westminster Academy 3

Posted February 05, 2013
In my opinion it is simple, stay if you like the school, leave if you don't. We were very happy there for 3 years and not at all happy last year so we left. If Westminster makes you and your child happy stay if not there are lots of other good choices out there in my opinion. Find what you think works best for you and your child. Free enterprise and free choice is what makes America great!

Posted January 28, 2013
Westminster Academy is a wonderful school, providing an excellent elementary education. It's supporters far outweigh its naysayers, as evidenced by its 5star rating. A quick Internet search of K core curriculum, clearly proves that WA students in K and all grades are not only meeting, but EXCEEDING core requirements, and debunks ANY assertions to the contrary! Furthermore, WA students are afforded daily exposure to the arts, foreign language, music, FUN, etc which is not provided anywhere else. This provides an environment that nurtures the "whole" child. It is my understanding the 2 principals died unexpectedly, and 1 was an interim due to this. This is in NO way a reflection of the quality of the school. I also find it quite amazing and a testament to the quality of the teachers that WA students continue to excel, in spite of such tragedy and other alleged shortcomings. Parent involvement is encouraged and has always been one of the things that helps to create the warm atmosphere on campus. As a parent, I cherish the freedom I have to regularly participate in my child's education and I'm VERY pleased that my visibility is WELCOMED. "Attitude, not aptitude, determines altitude"

Westminster Academy 1

Posted January 24, 2013
This school has gone through 4 principals in 4 years. There is no stability or leadership at this school aside from the board of directors. From what we are experiencing in my childs classroom, they have no clue how to run a school. The amount of television that is watched in the classroom is maddening. Last week they watched Happy feet. This week they are learning about the Adams family TV show as part of destination decades theme. None of that is going to help my child go to college or enjoy learning. This school is a joke! It is not the parents job to tell the school how to operate and what is and is not acceptable for education. But this school can't seem to handle even the core curriculum. Between failing technology, teachers that do not get along, excessive use of non educational TV shows, aggressive teachers and field trips that are "fun days" and not EDUCATIONAL, I have had it up to here. There is just too much wrong at this school. Parent involvement is super high because they have to manage the school on a daily basis due to all the issues that are going on. I won't be fooled again......

Posted July 16, 2012
Westminster is by far the best school on the gulf coast. I am so pleased to have discovered this gem of a school. The offer Spanish, Art, Music, Science Lab, and a real P.E. class. The enrichment does not end and your child is not held back but encouraged to do and be their best. The teachers are caring and class sizes are small. The environment is so nuturing to budding young minds, I cannot recommend this school enough.

Posted July 10, 2012
This is the perfect little place if you want your child to learn and grow in every dimension. It's not a drill and skill, testing kind of a place but instead children learn critical thinking skills, performance, world languages, art, and musical performance! If you want your child to be able to compete nationally in all ways - this is a great choice.

Posted June 21, 2012
My children have been at Westminster for two years. As a former teacher, I am so impressed with the academics and teacher/pupil ratio. They do an awesome job differentiating instruction and allow children to work at a pace that is aggressive, but appropriate for them. The teachers are involved and always looking for new ways to engage their students. Most importantly, my children are happy there. Because of the size, Westminster is like a family atmosphere. I know all of the students in my children's classes, as well as most of their parents. I can't say enough great things about this school.

Westminster Academy 4

Posted May 03, 2012
My child has attend WA for a number of years. We have always loved the school, the teachers, the principal... until this year. The new principal is a joke. He thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread and a lot of parents pulled their children out of the school this year because of him. When my child makes the comment to me that the principal claims to be all about the children, but only talks about himself...you know something is wrong. He claimed to do all of the great things at other schools but upon trying to find information on him, I could find absolutely nothing. The board really missed the mark when they hired this guy. I've heard he will not be back next year, for whatever reason, and I think that's a good thing. Also, what they don't tell you is that the school has 130-140 students in grades k2-6 but probably 60 + are in K2-K4. This school has turned into a daycare center. I've heard they will not have a 6th grade for the 12-13 school year because nobody is returning. 4 stars for the education end of only. Deserving of only 1 for the leadership of the school.

Posted January 31, 2012
If you want your child to really grow as a person academically, athletically, musically, and not be focused on the Mississippi State Test Westminster Academy is the place to be. The school is not religious based, it's not pricey so there is a wide range of family income levels, and the diversity is broad. . . . it's simply a place where all the families know their child is going to college. The expectations are high and the students rise to the occasion every time. It's a wonderful little school and the new principal is really leading Westminster into a wonderful future.

Westminster Academy