Gulfport, MS

Posted March 20, 2014
St. James school is truly amazing. A very well rounded education without just a focus on testing is what you will find. A truly Christian environment. The teachers really do care about the kids. Music, fitness, visual arts, computer, Spanish, not to mention lots of opportunities for community service. This school is truly a family. I feel my kids are truly being prepared to move up to Jr. High level.

Posted December 30, 2013
I just witnessed the Christmas program at St. James Elementary and was completely blown away! This was like a Broadway musical! I can't believe the children ranged in age from 3 to 11 years old. There was dancing, singing, costumes and a beautiful set. There was not a dry eye in the house when the children sang. Everyone walked out with a huge smile on their faces and good cheer in their hearts. We are from out of town but will make sure attending this annual program is a new tradition. Kudos to whoever was responsible for such a gratifying programl!

Posted December 06, 2013
St. James is a fabulous school! Not only is my child challenged academically, she is also taught Christian values and morals on a daily basis. She attends Mass monthly with her school family, which is very important to us. St. James offers Spanish, Library, Computer, Music, Art, and Physical Education. I feel that all of these extra opportunities afford her the opportunity to develop into a healthy, well-rounded child. The Principal goes above and beyond to ensure that the curriculum is challenging, that students are acknowledged for achievements, that students who need extra help are given that opportunity, and that we teach our students the gift of giving through participating in projects that help others in our community. Every time I walk through the halls to volunteer for various projects, every teacher is always teaching. They are friendly and seem to love what they do! For these reasons and many more, I look forward to my other two children attending St. James in the future. We are blessed to have such a wonderful school for our children!

St James School 1

Posted October 29, 2013
I can't wait for my children to finish this school year from St. James. I really dislike the Administration. poor leadership, poor school materials, tiny library. This school is comparable to public school. For paying that much, I am expecting the best education and catholic behaviors from the students however, students from St. James have been so races and disrespectful.

Posted September 18, 2013
We are extremely happy with St. James because of the interaction with teachers, many wonderful activities including sports and fine arts, and loving instruction that our children receive. Our kids are being taught to think for themselves, respect others, and to be considerate of their classmates. There are numerous opportunities for parents to get involved with St. James including help with the Fall Festival, room Mom/Dad, sports teams, working with the play, Christmas program and spring program. Of the many reasons that we love St. James, the greatest is that our children are learning the Christian faith every day, through religion class, attending weekly mass, and through service activities - in short, they pray at school each day. That's something that you cannot get at public schools.

Posted September 17, 2013
St. James Elementary is wonderful place to enroll your child. The only time an "F" is acceptable is for fun, family and fellowship.

Posted September 02, 2013
This is our second year at St. James & we couldn't be more pleased with our decision to send our children to this school! The deciding factor for us was all of the extras that St. James has to offer other than academics- Spanish, computer, religion, sports, Lego league, art, drama, dance, band, etc. I love that they will be able to experience all of these activities in elementary school! Also, the faculty and staff are absolutely wonderful! Our girls love going to school, and we love sending them to a place where they are happy & where they are known on a first-name basis with everyone there! St. James has become a second family to us! For what my children are getting out of St. James, the cost is definitely a deal, but worth every penny!

Posted August 23, 2013
Terrific school with fantastic teachers. My children are getting a top notch education. I also love the fact that the morals and values we teach at home are being reinforced at school. This school is less expensive than many local private schools but would be well worth it even if it were more expensive.

Posted August 22, 2013
Wonderful school with amazing fine arts program. My kids love it and are getting a great education - always scoring over 90th percentile in national tests. In addition, since they have been at St. James, they've learned so much from the music and art program. Before we moved to Gulfport, we were paying well over twice as much for private school. This is an incredible value!

Posted May 03, 2013
It's so nice to have a school that isn't just worried about test scores. The teachers are actually able to teach the students instead of teaching them how to take tests. The teacher/pupil ratio is small and the teachers and staff are very involved and I feel my children are being challenged in all subjects. They even have art, music, Spanish and computer which a lot of schools no longer have anymore.

St James School