Gulfport, MS

Christian Collegiate Academy 3

Posted August 10, 2015
I did like the small class size, the spiritual foundation and the teacher, however, The curriculum did not challenge my child. I would not send my child back to this school, nor,would I recommend this school if you are looking for a good education.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 10, 2015
My childs teacher was effective. She was nurturing, yet stern. Teachers were not the issue

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 10, 2015
There was definitely not enough home work given to students. And then, they wanted not age appropriate all school assignments

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted August 10, 2015
I do not know if this school develped persistence, grit and determination in its students

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted August 10, 2015
I do not have a say in this. I do not know if they develop respect

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted August 10, 2015
I felt like the teacher cared for her students. She was stern, but, she let the students know she cared for them

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 10, 2015
I believe they offer a good christian foundation for the students, but, the education is lacking.

Christian Collegiate Academy 5

Posted May 12, 2015
My kids love going to CCA. I have K-5 and high school ages. Teachers are well educated and the smaller classrooms (15-20 students) means my kids are getting more one on one time in the subjects they struggle in. Great communication with the teachers and staff. They do everything in their power to see that the children succeed and are prepared for the future. This is the place to take your kids on the coast. They are fully accredited.

Christian Collegiate Academy 1

Posted January 20, 2015
My children were very unhappy at CCA. The curriculum was boring and required only rote memory. There was no analysis or higher level thinking required in any middle school or high school subject that my children took. The teaching was substandard with an emphasis on reading the textbooks and filling in worksheets. My children were getting good grades, but were complaining about not being pushed to think and learn. The school suffers from a serious lack of equipment. Although my child was supposed to have a computer class, there were not enough working computers for the class until the second quarter of the year. There also appears to be some leadership issues at this school because in the year that my children were there, 3 different teachers left midyear. In any business this is a troubling sign; but especially in a school.

Christian Collegiate Academy 5

Posted February 03, 2014
Great school! We have two kids going there. Both have been there since k4. My oldest is now in 8th grade. The teachers there are wonderful! Very loving , caring, family environment with a lot of focus on advanced education.

12200 Dedeaux Road, Gulfport, MS  39503
Last modified Christian Collegiate Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Christian Collegiate Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top