PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I read several reviews talking about the small class size. Frankly, that just isn't true. For example, this year, the one kindergarten class that they have had 25 students and the one first grade class that they have began with 26 students. To be paying the third highest tuition on the coast, those classes are WAY too large. Several friends with children in public school have told me that their classrooms are smaller and there are several classes so more choice is involved. We are considering public school next year. The Christian values and faith that are taught are top notch at this school. However, there are leadership issues and overcrowding issues. Some of the teachers in the elementary grades (remember, only one class per grade) probably shouldn't be teaching. With that being said, I can also say that there are a couple AMAZING teachers there. The lunches are very good - better in my opinion than the local public school districts. We are considering attending another school next year. We always take our attendance at CCA on a year-by-year basis.

I did like the small class size, the spiritual foundation and the teacher, however, The curriculum did not challenge my child. I would not send my child back to this school, nor,would I recommend this school if you are looking for a good education.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My childs teacher was effective. She was nurturing, yet stern. Teachers were not the issue

Amount of homework: Disagree

There was definitely not enough home work given to students. And then, they wanted not age appropriate all school assignments

Develops character: Agree

I believe they offer a good christian foundation for the students, but, the education is lacking.

My kids love going to CCA. I have K-5 and high school ages. Teachers are well educated and the smaller classrooms (15-20 students) means my kids are getting more one on one time in the subjects they struggle in. Great communication with the teachers and staff. They do everything in their power to see that the children succeed and are prepared for the future. This is the place to take your kids on the coast. They are fully accredited.

My children were very unhappy at CCA. The curriculum was boring and required only rote memory. There was no analysis or higher level thinking required in any middle school or high school subject that my children took. The teaching was substandard with an emphasis on reading the textbooks and filling in worksheets. My children were getting good grades, but were complaining about not being pushed to think and learn. The school suffers from a serious lack of equipment. Although my child was supposed to have a computer class, there were not enough working computers for the class until the second quarter of the year. There also appears to be some leadership issues at this school because in the year that my children were there, 3 different teachers left midyear. In any business this is a troubling sign; but especially in a school.

Great school! We have two kids going there. Both have been there since k4. My oldest is now in 8th grade. The teachers there are wonderful! Very loving , caring, family environment with a lot of focus on advanced education.

This school is Great! Teachers and Staff really care about their students. Tons of activities for the kids to be involved in and was nice to have my daughter involved in Gym every day. She said her favorite part of the school is the small class sizes, the awesome school lunches and Gym. I wish every state had this type of private school and the affordable tuition to go along with it. We are sad to go but being military we do not have a choice. Also it is accredited to which you really need to be aware of the private schools that are not. I really do not have any suggestions for improvement!

Christian Collegiate is a very good school. My children have been challenged academically. They have had opportunities to grow spiritually, and they have had a wholesome nurturing environment in which to develop their social skills. The staff's credentials are outstanding, and I often marvel that such accomplished educators choose to teach at CCA when they could be making much more in a public setting. I watch some of them volunteer their personal time to cheer on the teams, work the snack bar at games, put on full scale productions, and invest in the students through additional educational opportunities such as technology programs. When my child is stuck on something, his teacher spends extra time working with him. No school can provide every single opportunity possible, but if you are looking for solid academics in an environment where Christians with teacher's hearts will invest in your child, look no further.

Last modified Christian Collegiate Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12