Bad
Good

This is the 2nd year for my children at Anniston. My children are in 1st and 2nd grade this year. In an effort to be brief, I'll keep my complaints to the current year. Homework: My 2nd grader was given the exact same homework as my 1st grader for 2 whole weeks. His homework is graded weekly. Since I work 7am - 3pm, I reached out through notes in his binder to the teacher. They were unanswered. I tried calling the office. They told me to email the teacher. The emails were unanswered. I figured after she graded the weekly assignment that surely she would respond to my notes or even realize. No. A 2nd weekly assignment was sent home and guess what? It was the exact same hwk as my 1st grader's again! Frustrated with the lack of communication by the office & teachers, my husband visited the school to find the entire 2nd grade had been issued the same workbooks as the 1st grade. Apparently no one noticed. Surprised? I was - why did we have to go up there for this to be corrected? I called & wrote notes the week before. Why wasn't it noticed when the teachers graded the papers? School Pictures: I purchased fancy outfits down to new shoes and all for my little ones to take photos that we could send with our Xmas cards to family & friends across the globe. (we are a military family) We received notices from the office that teachers, including my children's, would not be returning, shortly after pictures were taken. We were assured there would be a smooth transition and the reasons they were leaving were "of a personal nature". The pictures were never sent home. Mailing deadlines came & went for guaranteed Christmas arrivals. Photos were going to be a framed gift for the grandparents. I called the office. They were surprised and told me that after over a month of waiting, I should have received them 2 weeks ago. They told me to call the photographer, who was shocked the school didn't have them and then mailed them to my house. A month after receiving them in the mail, the school sent them home with my children. (In late January). Science Fair: I requested registration forms from both 1st and 2nd grade teachers.. The response was "1st graders are not required to do one." and "My team does not know anything about this." I had to literally beg the teachers for my children to sign up. This school is the epitome of why so many parents choose private schools.

Anniston Avenue is going through some serious growing pains and the less kids that attend, the better. So, you probably want to find a different school. Now, if I haven't scared you off yet, and you're still interested, I must admit I love this school. This is the second year my children have attended and I'm happy with everything I've seen. They're willingness to challenge the gifted and lift up those who are struggling, is phenomenal. Your child will receive customized education which will help challenge their minds and keep them on track. Parent participation is strongly encouraged at school. Whether it's with helping your child to succeed, meeting for conferences or assisting with PTA events, the school wants you to be part of their academic community. What better way to stay connected to how you child doing than to be at the school, helping them help your child? Lastly, this school takes academics seriously. There aren't many parties or celebrations, and when there is, it's all academics based. When your kid walks in the doors, they're made aware it's time to get to work.

My children have gone to Anniston since kindergarten. We recently moved due to a military transfer and leaving anniston was the hardest about the entire move. Mrs. Jackson was my daughters kindergarten teacher in 2009 and mrs. Bloom was my sons kindergarten teacher this year and they both have paved a very concrete educational road for my children. Parent involvement is a must at this school! They promote is and I can say that I'm very happy for that. It keeps me in the loop and if I have any questions I can text or email my children's teachers! Dr. Payne is the most involved principle I've ever seen! I love and adore her! She knows every single child's name and is always walking around checking on the teachers and students. I would recommend this school to anyone! The entire staff is amazing.

Where do I begin? I transfered my kids into this school and I could not be happier...WOW!! Anniston has the absolute BEST teachers who are patient and caring. My children couldnt be happier. Gulfport School District really pushes these children but are also there to help them any way they can along the way. We are a Gulfport School District family FOREVER!!! Thank you AAE.

This is an outstanding school! They are focused on meeting the Common Core Initiatives. The staff at the school works hard to insure all of the children get a quality education. When I visit this school the children are having fun, engaged in learning, and working hard.

Anniston Elementary is a great school with a dedicated staff that really cares about the students. I appreciate the extra mile that the staff puts in to support the students. I work in the finance department and we do everything we can to support the staff so that students can be successful. Gulfport Schools works to ensure that all resources are utilized effectively and efficiently to provide a quality education for every student.

The cafeteria staff serves good nutricious meals and the kids love it because we have great cooks and staff.

Anniston Avenue Elementary School display a positive attitudes towards the faculty as well as the students!

At Anniston Avenue Elementary we have the best prinicipal in the Gulfport School District and our students are very well disciplined!

Anniston Elementary has a very caring staff, they are very interested in there students achieving there best and incorporate other activities so that the learning process does not bore the students!

Last modified Anniston Avenue Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.