K-6 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 19, 2016
I love Bel-aire and my kids miss it so much. These rating don't mean anything. We moved to Texas from Gulfport, MS thinking the schools were so much better over here because of the "ratings". Boy was I wrong! My kids learned a lot in Bel-Aire. They made time for recess, and always showed interest in my kids curriculum. Over here in Texas my kids are well above average on EVERYTHING the school is teaching. My kids have to watch movies in P.E., their teachers aren't with them during lunch, there isn't even a playground. You may say that Bel-aire is like "prison" but I say it's a structured environment that teaches your children respect for authority. It's a good school!!

Posted April 08, 2014
My child has been going to this school for over 7 months and she is learning alot more than she has in any other school. i love this school the teachers and staff are really sweet. has far as rating them i dont think i could stay between 0-10 bc they would be rated a much higher number bc of all the hard work they go thru trying to make these kids learn all the basic and physical stuff they need for the future.i would not trade this school for the world because they are so excellent i would recommend any parent to put there child in this school. This is where all the rest of my kids will attend when they get of age....i would like to see this school win the 5,000 dollars and see it go to new library books and whatever else they need to keep teaching our kids

Bel Aire Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2013
I would never allow my child to attend this school again. I do not appreciate the way the children are treated. An earlier post compared it to a prison. I would have to agree. My daughter cried every day. I watched my child go from loving school and excited to wake up every morning to becoming miserable and fighting to go to school everyday. I disenrolled her and moved. She is much happier and back to loving school again.

Bel Aire Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2012
Teachers have bad attitudes. There is no fairness. Teachers cant manage classrooms and teach various levels to fit the classroom.

Posted July 15, 2011
My son was in the first grade this past school year and I can honestly say, that he had done an excellent job. He loved his first grade teacher, enjoyed his recess time and just loved going to school. It may be due to the school having a new principal, but all I know, is that the school has done an excellent job with him and I hope it will stay the same as he attends the second grade =)

Bel Aire Elementary School

Posted July 01, 2009
I gave the school a below average rating because while the kids are learning alot, the place is run like a prison. The principal acts like she wants parents there, but she does everything to discourage it. Communication is really poor. We were always getting notices on the day of for meetings and activities. My child didn't have recess last year at all. And she was in 3rd grade. That is just ridiculous. I was standing in the hall one day waiting for my child, and I saw a teacher tell a student she was going to write him up because he was not in the third block. This place is like a jail, and I hope to break my child free next year.

Bel Aire Elementary School 2

Posted January 06, 2009
My child has gone to Bel Aire for 3 years and this year is by far the worst. She is in third grade and has had three teachers this year alone and not because I move her to different classes. Apparently the teachers keep being shuffled around to different grades. But, I feel like that certainly hinders my child's learning ability because all teachers have different teaching techniques. Her grades have gotten much worse and I always ask what I can do to help my daughter and the teacher responds by saying that all the children in her class are having trouble in that particular subject. It's just frustrating really! Anyway, I love the staff but I just want my child to be as well educated as possible and I don't think that's going to happen at this school.

Bel Aire Elementary School 1

Posted October 26, 2008
I am so disappointed with this school this year. I am frustrated with the lack of any fun at school. I am tired of my child being so grumpy and irritable when she gets home because of how stressed out everyone seems to be at that school. I wish I could put her somewhere else, but that is not feasible right now.

Bel Aire Elementary School 3

Posted July 22, 2008
My step-son attended Bel Aire this year because it is our district school. The staff and his teacher were always friendly, but I was very dissappointed to learn that they have no music or art classes. I was also appalled when my son reported that they only get recess sometimes on Fridays and they go to PE just as much, where all they did was run or play kickball. I'm sure that they did more than this, but it was not much more. How do they expect children to behave when they give no time for them to run off energy. I am upset because our nation is struggling with lazy, overweight children and statistics show that Mississippi has the highest overweight population. Whats up with this lack of concern? From reading about other local schools it seems this is common. I am sad that our kids are not allowed exercise.

Bel Aire Elementary School 2

Posted April 28, 2008
It has been a strange year at bel-aire, my daughter is doing worse than before she went from being a A-B student to an C-D student in 2-weeks!, she has not had a great school day yet! their security lacks everything. you totaly need to be in their faces. the staff is very nice but the students lack control.

Bel Aire Elementary School
10531 Klein Rd, Gulfport, MS  39503
Last modified Bel Aire Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.