K-3 & Ungraded
Gulfport, MS

Posted October 04, 2014
My son was being bullied and physically assaulted by other children at this school. After speaking to the principal twice I hoped that they would keep a closer eye on the situation, but my kindergartner was still coming home traumatized. We moved, and we absolutely love the schools in Long Beach.

Posted October 22, 2012
My daughter attends 1st grade, and her teacher is Mrs. Santchez. Great teacher that cares.

Posted February 25, 2010
WE are very unsatified with our child's experience this year. We were spoiled with her kindergarten teacher Mrs. Moran. She is no longer there. The school's lack of communication is disturbing. My daughter is very smart and because of this she is really out there on her own at school. Not to mention the lice epidemic, that no one seems to be concerned about. I have seen it first hand on other children at the school, and my duaghter has gotten it 3 times, every time I go to the school to let them know they say they do not have the time to check heads. It is affecting my child because she misses school, we spend hours getting rid of it, take precautions not to get it , send her back and she just gets it again. We will be moving schools next year.

Posted September 05, 2009

Posted May 28, 2009
I was a little skeptical of this school at first because it was a public school. My son had attended St. John Elementary for the first three years of his schooling. However, shortly after enrolling my son at Harrison Central I realized my son was going to a good school. He was placed in Mrs. Benton's second grade class. He was also tested for being gifted and placed in the gifted class. I was surprised at the friendliness and eagnerness to help from the staff; especially considering the size of this school the teachers really do go above and beyond.

Harrison Central Elementary School 0

Posted October 23, 2008
My son started kindergarden in Mrs. Miller class this year. He is learning so much. Mrs. Flinn is making it easy for my son to get the extra attention he needs. This is important to any child learning. I am so thankful for both of them and the masterful job they are doing.

Posted August 23, 2008
My daughter started kindergarten in Mrs. Miller's class this year. It was very hard for my to walk out the classroom that first morning without bursting into tears. It was even harder to trust someone that I knew little about with her education and keep my little girl safe for 8 hours a day. I soon found out what a wonderful person and teacher Mrs. Miller is and her classroom help (Mrs. Flinn) is just as great as she is. Every day my daughter brings home worksheets that they did in class that day, and every day she learns something new! We love Harrison Central Elementary, its great!

Harrison Central Elementary School 4

Posted October 12, 2007
All schools have their differences. Your not going to find 'The perfect school'. I do have to say that this school has been great though. My children have been here since K and this is their last year. We have really had no problems at all. The only thing that could be better is the time frame that they give you to do something. Other than that I give them kudos.

Posted August 17, 2007
My child is entering his 2nd year at HCE & his teacher from last year advanced with him, we are very pleased with Mrs.Hairston & the school in general. This is a wonderful teacher & a real asset!

Posted December 01, 2006

Harrison Central Elementary School
15451 Dedeaux Rd, Gulfport, MS  39503
Last modified Harrison Central Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harrison Central Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top