K-6 & Ungraded
Gulfport, MS

Three Rivers Elementary School 4

Posted January 08, 2015
This will be our 4th year at Three Rivers Elementary, and while the school is not perfect, I do see great strides and improvement. They have over the course of the past few years have had a rough go. I have had one child move on to Middle School from this school, and he fell behind and struggled with the 6th grade, and on a weekly basis one or more of his teachers would sit and help him. I also have a child that started kindergarten at Three Rivers Elementary and has had a wonderful experience with it. She has done nothing but excel there. As a military family I can say my children have and will continue to see lots of schools but our experience with this school has not been a bad one.

Posted October 13, 2014
This is the first year dealing with this school since the re-zoning. This school is utterly the most disappointing excuse for an education institute I have ever encountered. The teachers are immature and come off as uncaring bullies and have no desire to interact with parents. They are clearly there for a paycheck, My child has come home and cried at the site of their teacher screaming at other children. The worst part is the office staff. They are rude, extremely unprofessional, and come off like gossiping high school girls. They are rude to both adults and children. I can't even speak to who the principle is because I have no clue who the leadership is in that school. Obviously their isn't any or isn't one who cares about public education to allow a staff like that. It's really sad to know that this will probably continue when none of these people should keep their jobs.

Posted September 25, 2014
I typically don't write reviews, but feel as though I need to let others know about my utter disappointment in regard to this school. Never have I encountered such a repressed learning environment by those that claim they are caring educators. All I have to say is, I am shocked by the inexperience, uncaring, cold, and complete disregard for parents and children alike at this learning establishment. If you have the choice in choosing a different school for your children/child, please do! This school is a disgrace!

Posted September 05, 2014
This has to be the WORST school that we have encountered by far. The teachers are not personable, parent involvement is not encouraged, and something seems "off" about the establishment upon entering. My child would cry and plead with me to stay home because their teacher treated them harshly. It seems as though their main concern is test scores and not the overall well being of the child. Recess was taken away from my child by their teacher on numerous occassions, and all because my child was doing what typical children do at this age. I say...if an individual has no patience, then being an educator of small children probably isn't going to be your "cup of tea..." Because being a bully never looks good no matter what your age. So, i give this school a ZERO for lack of communication by teachers to parents, my child having to explain to me why they were "bad", instead of the teachers communicating possible concerns, and the overall harshness, lack of empathy, and compassion needed to be a positive role model\ teacher for a child eager to learn. A fearful mind is a closed mind and a closed mind does not learn. Anyway, we relocated. Never going back to this school! Too many bad things

Posted January 14, 2013
I was told that this school is the best in the district! If this is true then the entire school district needs an overhaul!! Parental envolvment is NOT encouraged. And even if it were the PTA is a joke! The grading system is non sense! There is NO grading scale! If there is then someone does not know how to count! A coach lost an entire class walking around the school outside!! And inmates are the groundkeepers!! At the first oppertunity we will be out of this area fast!!

Posted March 22, 2012
My son started this school this year he was an A/B student kindergarten and 1st grade now he is a C D and F student. I went to the school complained and finally the principle got tired of me and rudely told me that he will be moved to another room. I was also told that maybe I needed to get him medication for ADD. My son is a well behaved child he might get a yellow day once a month. So behavior is not an issue. The problem that I feel exist is that the way the material is being presented to the children. He reads on his level and a great speller some days he makes A's and some days F's. I reluctantly put him on medication and after four months of medication and hours of helping him he is a c average student. YAH!!! His doctor feels that there is a problem but if it was the ADD the medication would have helped and if it was a learning disability he would not do well at some areas and poorly in others. His doctor is sugeesting that it could be a problem at schhol and the way the material is been presenting. I love my neighboohodd so moving is not an option. Terrible school they are to focus on those test scores and not on the academic achievement of each individual child.

Posted January 18, 2012
This is my daughters first year at that school, she is in the first grade. The only thing I can say is that my daughter will not attend this school ever again. The academic program is good, but their methods of teaching are far from satisfactory. After various teacher meetings, they do not provide the assistance needed for students to learn the curriculum. The first thing they do is suggest that my child has a learning disability, which left the feeling of being insulted. My daughter feels scared to ask the teacher for help in the classroom. She has admitted that the teacher gets upset when the students get a wrong answer and are told to stand in the back of the class. With two teachers in the one class how can the students had problems understanding the curriculum. I do my part at home. The teachers need to do their part. If you can afford the private school route, take it. Avoid this school. Thanks to them my daughter is now at risk of failing the first grade. Kids should feel comfortable asking questions and help from the teachers, not be afraid.

Posted September 30, 2011
This is a rude school. Parents are made to feel unwelcomed. Behavior programs are unfair. The teachers dont treat the children with the same respect they demand. The principal and vice principal are extremely rude and unfair. Kids are lucky if they get recess. It is a terrible learning environment.

Three Rivers Elementary School 4

Posted December 14, 2010
This is a beautiful school. The staff is very friendly. My son has learned a lot in a little amount of time from his time of transfer to this school. I'm very pleased with the difference.

Posted November 15, 2010
This school is the worst school my children have been to yet. My daughter who is in 4th grade this year has a horrible teacher. She went from straight A's from K-2nd, Then we move here and attend TRE and she is failing. I have a son who is in 1st grade and he begs me everyday to stay home, his teacher is rude and mean. They are so worried about their test scores and having them act like they are adults. They are kids. They need to have more patience, and work with kids who are slower then others, instead of suggesting to parents they take their kids and drug them. MY CHILDREN WILL NOT BE ATTENDING TRE next year. Its so bad right now i've thought about home schooling them

Three Rivers Elementary School
13500 Three Rivers Rd, Gulfport, MS  39503
Last modified Three Rivers Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Three Rivers Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top