K-12 & Ungraded
Hamilton, MS

Posted August 25, 2013
I have 3 children that attend Hamilton Elementary. As a parent, I grew up in a much larger community. However, I have grown to love a small community, This also includes a small school for my children to attend. I believe that Hamilton is grewing in size and in attributes. I can see changes every school year occuring to further the quality of education the students are receiving. I would like to see more parent involvement within the school. We can make big changes from home. Ultimately, it is our responsibility to raise our children, not the schools. Hamilton does a great job in helping us accomplish that goal. If your not satisfied with your school, get involved. It takes the whole community to make a better place not by negative comments.

Posted August 10, 2013
This is a very good small - medium size school. It's a County school in a small community. My girls love going to school here just as I did. This is my Alma Mater. I'm proud of how far this school has come. Yes I would like to see more extra activities besides sports offered but Academically it is a great place to learn. The teachers and all staff are caring and enjoy what they do. As with all schools in America Some will think others are treated better. We are human and that's just how people are going to think whether true or not. Teach your child to be the best they can be and be that person and don't be influened by others. Parents are the reason for a lot of the "better than thou" attitude not the children. I like the open door policy of all staff. This school could have more if they were given the funds and the opportunity. Government keeps cutting out funding for our schools. Shame.

Posted June 28, 2012
I honestly do not believe that this school is all about sports! They just happen to have excellent teams that always go to the playoffs! And whether or not you have money is a matter of opinion. We don't have money and our son is doing EXCELLENT and does not participate in ANY sports. It does not depend on your net worth but your ability. Some children are just more inclined at sports than others and that's just the way it is. Some children are just more academically inclined and that's just the way that is. Stop blaming the school for doing something they haven't done in that aspect. As for the posts about some getting their way over others, that part is true. But, you also have to realize the size of this town...its tiny, so that is just going to be a natural fault on the towns behalf. Most teachers children go to the same school where their parents teach and that kind of thing is going to happen and some companies here donate lots of money for their kids school, so its going to happen there too. This happens everywhere. People just usually don't notice it as much because the schools are usually a lot larger.More parents need to get involved if they think there is a problem!

Hamilton High School 1

Posted July 28, 2010
This school sucks! All they care about is sports & if you have $ or not. It is so bad that not only do the students make fun of ppl but the teachers join in with the students & the teachers are always trying to get in everyone's business instead of doing their job some even get mad when you need help with your work it is crazy!! I would deffinately not recommend this school!!

Posted March 07, 2010
I am sad to say that the post below from 2004 is still accurate today. There is still a black and white Homecoming queen. Those with money still rule the roost. Administration has not changed nor has the attitude that sports are more important then an education. But then only the ones with money are encouraged to participate.

Hamilton High School 2

Posted March 03, 2010
My child has gone to this school for the last 5 years. I have not discovered one thing out of the ordinary. This school has nothing academic to challenge students unless it is sports. That's all that matters here. The students who's parents have money get preferential treatment. The same girl wins the beauty review every year. All the teachers are from here and mostly related. I will be taking my child out of this school this year, thank goodness!

Hamilton High School 1

Posted September 21, 2009

Hamilton High School 5

Posted August 18, 2009

Hamilton High School 2

Posted April 17, 2009
My two children have went to this school on and off for the past ten years.This school focuses on the families with money and sports,and not enough of the education.It is as if the principal and teachers are still in high school their self and only help the 'popular' students. This school needs to 'Buck Up' I have taken both of my children out of this school for 3 years and they have learned alot more then they would have.

Hamilton High School 3

Posted August 10, 2008
The school is more focused on extra cirricular activites than their education. In those activites the coaches or teachers choose only the people that have money, popularity, or just the way they live. They need to focuse on their talents and not by their family background. The school needs more field trips, dances, parties, etc. The school doesn't have to be so boring.

Hamilton High School
40201 Hamilton Rd, Hamilton, MS  39746
Last modified Hamilton High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hamilton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top