6-8 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Oak Grove Middle School 2

Posted May 02, 2014
The things that I was reading about this school had upset me. I would like to know that things has changed for the better over the years. I'm planning on moving from Louisiana to Mississippi and I was planning to enroll my daughter into Oak Grove Middle School. I was under the impression that this is a great school and I hope this is true. But, if it's not then I will not move to Mississippi and put my daughter into a negative environment.

Posted September 20, 2012
Thank you to Oak Grove for providing specialized instruction for Dyslexic students. Apparently most MS schools have been hesitant in recognizing the need to help these students, but Oak Grove has been ahead of the game. Thank you to the Administration and Teachers!

Posted March 06, 2012
My son has attended oak grove since 1st grade hes in the 7th grade now... We have moved but not from this district... Oak grove is a great school! The teachers are great the whole staff is great!! I have only 2 small problems... HAIRCUTS and EXCUSES! My son loves his mohawk but they are not allowed to wear them... Then one day the school called me and told me my son was sick and he needed to be picked up.. I went and picked him up. Later i found out it was unexcused.. Other than that they are awesome!! Thinking about moving to Hattiesburg Ms lamar county district OAK GROVE is the school!!!!

Oak Grove Middle School 4

Posted February 25, 2012
oak grove middle school is great but should have a less strict dress code. some students like me miss the good times when there was no uniforms and the teachers have less to worry about. the teachers are great!

Posted March 19, 2009
I have gone to Oak Grove Schools my entire life and love all of them, but the middle school is by far my favorite. We are all like one big family and you always feel safe and wanted here. It's a GREAT school!

Posted October 02, 2008

Posted July 27, 2007
This is the best school ever! I love Oak Grove and don't see any reason not to! They offer great extra-curriculur activities. I am captain of the 7th Grade basketball cheerleading squad, which is a great example of the activities. The teachers are great and there is a no-tolerance policy for misbehaving, harrasment, and teacher disrespect. I love Oak Grove!

Oak Grove Middle School 4

Posted April 04, 2007
Oak Grove Middle School is a great school, my daughter called another child a name and was wtirren up for it. I personally thought it was minor, but I did realize that its their policy and that's how they let the children know that they are serious, about what they believe to be unacceptable behavior. Overall she has had a wonderful experience with the school, teacher, and staff.

Oak Grove Middle School
2543 Old Hwy24, Hattiesburg, MS  39402
Last modified Oak Grove Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.