PK-8 & Ungraded
Hattiesburg, MS

Dixie Attendance Center 2

Posted January 15, 2014
I move 5 hours for a job and chose Dixie after a lot of reading reviews. I wish I had knew more. I have not been happy with my kids progress. And I'm not happy with how they don't stop bullies in the school. I have kids who have been bullied by the same child for two years and the school does nothing. I have talked to the bus driver and other parents who have also been having problems with the same child. I'm ready to sale home and move. Love the town not the school.

Dixie Attendance Center 1

Posted August 30, 2011
Edited Version of my Latest Post:This school is not a patch on what it used to be. Ever since Hollie Parker became principal, the quality of the school has dropped. For starters the quality is extremly low. Only basic subjects geared toward MCT2 are taught. Not much of anything that will prepare a student for High School. School money is cheaply spent which results in low quality school lunches, and a terrible field day. They will not even pay for lockers for Junior High. The principal can not control the behavior of the students, and chooses to cut off all social time to ALL STUDENTS as a punishment geared toward only a few students. I would not recommend this school to anybody as long as Hollie Parker is principal.

Dixie Attendance Center 1

Posted January 26, 2011
To the parent that made the Post on May 24th- You have hit the nail on the head! I am dissapointed with the school and their lack of communication with parents. I wanted my kids to stay in this "good" school, but am learning very fast that it is spiraling downward and I am running out of options for my child.

Dixie Attendance Center 4

Posted May 24, 2010
Too much has changed for students, parents and teachers. Leadership does not listen to parent complaints, they go unnoticed. Office phones aren't manned as they should be. PTO needs to be more diligent in helping parents, not just the teachers and students.They teach to pass MCT and not the core classes(I learned this myself)Teachers are great and the issues they face may cause them to leave.Happy Teachers make Dixie what it is and Dixie has changed this yr., so I think it is only a matter of time before our teachers are looking for jobs elsewhere!Parents don't have many choices unless we go private and most can't afford to do that. Praying for things to get better at Dixie.

Dixie Attendance Center 0

Posted December 17, 2009
As a former parent and teacher at this school, I would not recommend it to anyone!

Posted August 25, 2009

Posted August 20, 2009
I believe that this is by far the best school for any child to attend. I wish that when I was in elementary that I had the chance to go to such an exellent school.

Dixie Attendance Center 4

Posted October 14, 2008

Posted February 19, 2005
I would like to say that Dixie is the best school, in my opinion, that 2 of my 3 step-children have attended. Over the past 3 years they have been in 3 different schools, and Dixie is by far the best. The teachers are great with my kids and spend extre time with them in subjects they need more help and teaching in. Mr. Coleman, the principal, is a very nice man who will go out of his way if a parent/student has a need, problem, or concern. The teachers are acceptional with their teaching skills and abilities to help their students and the parents in any way they can. Both of my kids who attend Dixie have participated in sports, and the coaches are wonderful with the kids. I highly recommend Dixie Attendance Center for anyone w/kids in grades K-8.

Dixie Attendance Center
790 Elks Lake Rd, Hattiesburg, MS  39401
Last modified Dixie Attendance Center is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dixie Attendance Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top