7-12 & Ungraded
Hattiesburg, MS

North Forrest High School 4

Posted March 10, 2014
I grew up here. Spent 2nd thru 11th grade. I feel I got a fair education and have fond memories. Plenty of opportunity to participate in extracurriculars. Currently a graduate student in Nursing. I believe I was well prepared for college.

North Forrest High School 1

Posted April 23, 2013
Some of the administrators are more worried about what you're wearing than what the students are actual learning. You have administrators talking to kids about their personal life, playing around, dancing in classroom and joking around with the kids that the kids don't take them serious when need be. And that make it hard for some of us to get respect from the students because a couple of the administrators is always flip-flopping. Therefore the kids do not care. There is no positive structure of leadership at NFHS at all just a lot of empty threats. Mainly referrals. I say there need to be mature individuals in charge of our kids. And stop showing favoritism when it come to our kids. If you allow one to get away with it you should allow the other kids the same. Other words it should apply to all students. Example; shirt not tuck in, listen to music, cell phone, etc....

North Forrest High School 1

Posted September 24, 2012
NFHS is a school i was proud to go to growing up. My children now go to this school and i must say it isn't the same. The is no education for the children here and there are definetely no extra curricular activities. If you are a girl and don't play sports there is nothing else to do. I have been very disappointed in NF since my child starting going there. The teachers are more worried about being friends with the children or worried about offending a parent for disciplining a child. I have tried to send my child to another school district but wasn't able and i can't afford private school. NF is not a school i would recommed to anyone any more.

North Forrest High School 3

Posted March 14, 2011
North Forrest High School, etc. is part of a school system which caters to the local residents. They are individuals that have lived in the community for decades. In the past, this system has always focused on the dress and behavior of their students. However, there are those (Teachers/Administrators) who take the enforcement of these rules to the extreme! It is my opinion, that the enforcers are "Poor" performing administrators or teachers. As a result, the teachers who are qualified are ran off by the "Poor" performing ones. Therefore, the children in this school system are left with no choice but to score "poorly" on the ACT or SAT test. Finally, parents get with the program and quit depending on the teachers, administrators and do more with your children yourselves! Take charge of what they are learning! It is a competitive world out there!

North Forrest High School 2

Posted September 30, 2010
an exemption in a classroom means you made the grade to not have to attend that class to take the exam. what school makes the children still go to class during the exam day? north forrest high. what is the reward in the class room of maintaining the grade that gets you to the point of exemption? in my day, being out of the classroom that day was the reward. it may sound small, but this is one of the reasons kids and teachers feel such negative feelings about this high school...and it's dissapointing and down right ridiculous...i dont see order, i dont see motivation, i dont see pride, i dont see unity, or spirit. and how do you instill morale? ...some traditions, like "being exempt" should still remain as such. i thought that was the education process--making the grade!!

Posted March 09, 2010
The administration is more worried about what you're wearing than the education and safety of the students. North Forrest has overall suffered a tramatic decline in academics and discipline. I think the school needs to focus more on increasing test scores/knowledge of the students than what color the students belts are.

Posted July 01, 2008
I am a former student of North Forrest and I must say that the quality of educators and administrators for the Forrest County School District has declined greatly. I am the daughter of a fromer educator and if he were alive he would be disgusted with the attitiude of the teachers guidiance counselors and principles at this school. I transfered my children to the school district and it had been awful every since. I care about education and they call about a logo on a white polo shirt . Is that what's important now in education belts and logos not actual education. If partents don't take time to educate their own children I am afraid they will leave the North Forrest worried about uniform compliance and not higher education

North Forrest High School 4

Posted May 07, 2008
Ok lets address the first issue, if you are not an educator.. you have very little knowledge of what the modern classroom contains. I don't believe the school or faculty should share the burden of fault. Due to restrictions from the state and U.S. governments and parents alike, many teachers are left in the clasroom trying to teach children with a very strict set of guidelines and little or no money to aid in supporting the academic process. Let's face it people, it is a much different classroom from the ones we experienced during our high school days. As an educator in another local school district and former student at NFHS, I can personally say that NF was a great high school and the times are changing. If parent involvement in school sanctioned events like PTO increased, the proper measures could be met regarding deficiencies within the school and classroom.

North Forrest High School 2

Posted April 28, 2008
I believe that North Forrest High School is in trouble. NF needs to quit worrying about what color my belt is or what color my undershirt is and start to focus on academics. We have good basketball and football teams and thats just about the only good thing we have. Most of our teachers are not as caring and supportive as they should be, this school does have a handfull of good teachers.

Posted April 09, 2008
North forrest would be a much more efficient school if the administration and teachers would concentrate more on the academics than the dress code. Every since the new dress code has been in effect more students have been written up of dress code violations. How do you think a student can get the proper education they need if they are constantly being sent to the office for not having on the right colored belt or having the wrong amount of bottons on their polo shirt. This is silly and stupid. The education of the children should be given primary attention not the clothes!

693 Eatonville Rd, Hattiesburg, MS  39401
Last modified North Forrest High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Forrest High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top