PK-1 & Ungraded
Hernando, MS

Hernando Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2015
Expects children to know all skills before entering their doors. It's "one size fits all" instruction and pity the poor 5 yr. old that doesn't get it after those 2 examples were put on the board. If you have a 5 yr. old that can't "produce" what they want FAST enough (timed test) and WHEN they want then you're in for a bad kindergarten year. Doesn't do a lot of good to discuss your child's strengths & weaknesses because they won't believe you!!! Giving HES thumbs down and hope they get off their high horse long enough to see their mistakes and make improvements.

Posted February 03, 2015
Excellent staff. Facilities are old but well maintained. Security is excellent. Parking and pick-up drop-off are less than excellent due to the age/design of the streets but the staff does a great job of managing this process and makes it mostly pain-free. The school has excellent communications and always keeps parents up to date and as involved as they choose to be. The PTO is very good at addressing concerns on behalf of parents. Generally, I can't co think HES is an excellent school.

Posted December 01, 2009
Absolutly love the school and teachers, wouldn't take my children to any other school!

Posted September 20, 2009
All the staff is very nice & has been very helpful to me as a parent. My daughter has food allergies & everyone is very easy to work with & very careful in taking care of that situation.

Posted June 24, 2008
great school! the staff is wonderful!!

Posted May 30, 2007
parent involvement is very high academic programs are great music and extracurricular activities are great

Posted November 10, 2004
My wife and I had two children attend HES for a year before we moved. The staff was great! The only problem that we had with the school is the over crowding that is occuring right now. There have been classes or meetings held in janitor closets! The school changed the entire process for dropping off and picking up children. It runs like clock work, and I couldn't imagine a safer environment for our children. It was a shame that we had to move. If given the chance I would move to Hernando again instead of other towns close by, just for the elementary school.

Posted July 27, 2004
My husband and I could not have hired a teacher in the whole country better than the one my son had last year. (1st grade) The staff is great! The involvment of the parents is alsp terrific. Special attention is given to the children who need it, and on special occasions the staff is more than happy to accomadate the parents. We parents of the children who attend HES are so blessed. The experience is unsurpassed. Keep up the great work Hernando Elementary and thank-you for helping my son get the best education possible.

Hernando Elementary School