5-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

I graduated from H.W. Byers and attended for 7 years. The education was so below par that although I was in the top of my class in high school, I had extreme difficulty in junior college. I felt unprepared in every way both emotionally and intellectually and it has been a struggle to catch up to my peers. And, I was at the top of my class...

we are three 7th grade students who have our own opinion about this school.we think this school is awesome,test scores have really improved,and the teachers are doing a great job of teaching us.some people say this a bad school but it actually is a pretty good school.some parents are blaming the teachers for their children's bad grades but being students ourselves most of the time your children don't pay attention in class.so before you go blaming the teachers for your children's bad grades stop and think about how well your child pays attention in class. signed three 7th grade students

As an alumni of H.W. Byers Attendant Center, I have the pleasure to say that this school has changed tremendously since I was a student there. Test scores have improved a lot. Many clubs have been established like the '20 and Above Club.' Under the leadership of Mr. Hannah and other great faculty members, I feel that H.W. Byers will continue to strive for excellence. Watching these great faculty members is what made me want to enter the School of Education at my university. I hope to be joining this team in the near future so I can make a difference like they have.

I am currently a senior at H.W. Byers High School. I have attended this school since 2003. I was nervous about coming to this school, but when I got here I was glad I came. It open me eyes to the 'real world' and what you encounter in life. As far as academic is concerned we are progressing each year. For the parents of those who are not satisfied with H.W. Byers, as a whole, education starts in the home and excels at school.

Before being critical of the school, walk a day in the shoes of the principal, the teachers, or the students. They are doing an excellent job with the few resources that are available to them.

I think that H.W.Byers is a good school. I have been at this school every since kindergarten. I am a Junior at H.W.Byers right now! I think that the teacher want to teach the children but the some of the children arer not willing to learn.. I am among the students that want to learn but some time it is hard for the teacher to teach us beacuse the teacher has to stop work and yell at the students that are misbehaving. sometimes it is hard for us to learn with these students in the room. I think that misbehaving students need to be in one classroom and the students that want to learn be in another room. I like the New Principal that we have at H.W.Byers! Mr. Hannah is a lovely principal!

I am currently attending H.W.Byers. I am in the 8th grade. Alot of people say that this is a bad school. They also say the teachers and other administrators are doing a bad job. Well I am here to say something to prove that wrong. I took the normal ACT with Collierville High students while in the 7th grade, and I made a 16. Two of my other class mates made 18. You may say that's not much out of 36, but a lot of 11th graders can't do any better.

Last modified H. W. Byers High School (5-12) is a Public school