Horn Lake Intermediate School 1

Posted December 16, 2013
I pretty much have nothing mice to say about this school. They are not trained nor equipped to handle children with severe ADHD. they started out with a behavior plan for my son but I guess that proved to be too much work for them and they quit doing it. Rather than try to help me with a plan that will encourage my son and work with him, the best they come up with is punishment, public humiliation, paddling, and suspension. What a way to "leave no child behind". Unfortunately this is the only school choice I have for my son.

Horn Lake Intermediate School 3

Posted November 15, 2013
We moved to Horn Lake over the summer so my 3rd grade daughter has been at this school for less than a year. I really don't know weather the Title I Program the school boasts so adamantly is a curse or a blessing. Overall the staff and teachers seem nice. But I have concerns about the quality of education and other students' impact on my daughter. For an exceptional student the struggle is that most students behave and perform so poorly. A lot goes on that is ignored between students-bullying, violence and inappropriate behavior-my daughter was ignored when she reported a boy snapping her bra strap repeatedly (after the fact she didn't know his name so nothing could be done about it). Money or supplies are requested often (normally with short notice) same is the case for any activities or programs, last minute with hardly enough information provided about these things or the teachers will relay messages through the children that is either miscommunicated or inaccurate. My daughter's teacher has a habit of giving my daughter incorrect information about things not pertaining to school lessons. I wouldn't recommend this school to someone considering other options for their children.

Posted November 09, 2010
I am fortunate to live in this district, I like this school.

Horn Lake Intermediate School 0

Posted February 17, 2010
I have a son in the 4th grade at this school and we have had nothing but problems. The children are not well supervised and the other students are allowed to name call and be very cruel to others. I do not agree with the way things are handled ina non-professional manner and will do everything in my power to see that things from now on have some serious change.

Posted July 11, 2008

Horn Lake Intermediate School 2

Posted January 06, 2008

Posted December 18, 2007

Horn Lake Intermediate School 4

Posted September 13, 2007
I agree whole heartily on the other parents reviews. It is great school but I feel that the teachers put to much stress on the kids. They are in the schools more than half the day and they come home with just as much work as when they are at school during the day. I have a fourth grader and he brings home work in every single subject every day. The teachers don't think about you might have other children with homework and that some of us work at night. I want my child to learn all he can and succeed in school;so please give their little brains enough time to rest in between school and home. I feel that the school has a great academic program and they just need to not put so much stress on these little ones at such a young age.

Horn Lake Intermediate School 4

Posted July 18, 2007

Posted June 02, 2005
HLIS I would like to start by congratulating Mrs. Bullock on her first year and a job well done. And I would like to thank Mrs. J. Shannon, and Mrs. Smith for a wonderful year, thank you for all your help with my child. Look forward to seeing you next year. I give everybody 5 stars for what you do at HLIS. Just helping out at the jump rope athon I got a little taste and saw just what everybody does around HLIS. So a job well done to everybody. Keep up the good work.

Horn Lake Intermediate School
6585 Horn Lake Rd, Horn Lake, MS  38637
Last modified Horn Lake Intermediate School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horn Lake Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top