3-5 & Ungraded|Public district
1,131 students|Desoto Co School Dist

Bad
Good

I pretty much have nothing mice to say about this school. They are not trained nor equipped to handle children with severe ADHD. they started out with a behavior plan for my son but I guess that proved to be too much work for them and they quit doing it. Rather than try to help me with a plan that will encourage my son and work with him, the best they come up with is punishment, public humiliation, paddling, and suspension. What a way to "leave no child behind". Unfortunately this is the only school choice I have for my son.

We moved to Horn Lake over the summer so my 3rd grade daughter has been at this school for less than a year. I really don't know weather the Title I Program the school boasts so adamantly is a curse or a blessing. Overall the staff and teachers seem nice. But I have concerns about the quality of education and other students' impact on my daughter. For an exceptional student the struggle is that most students behave and perform so poorly. A lot goes on that is ignored between students-bullying, violence and inappropriate behavior-my daughter was ignored when she reported a boy snapping her bra strap repeatedly (after the fact she didn't know his name so nothing could be done about it). Money or supplies are requested often (normally with short notice) same is the case for any activities or programs, last minute with hardly enough information provided about these things or the teachers will relay messages through the children that is either miscommunicated or inaccurate. My daughter's teacher has a habit of giving my daughter incorrect information about things not pertaining to school lessons. I wouldn't recommend this school to someone considering other options for their children.

I am fortunate to live in this district, I like this school.

I have a son in the 4th grade at this school and we have had nothing but problems. The children are not well supervised and the other students are allowed to name call and be very cruel to others. I do not agree with the way things are handled ina non-professional manner and will do everything in my power to see that things from now on have some serious change.

I agree whole heartily on the other parents reviews. It is great school but I feel that the teachers put to much stress on the kids. They are in the schools more than half the day and they come home with just as much work as when they are at school during the day. I have a fourth grader and he brings home work in every single subject every day. The teachers don't think about you might have other children with homework and that some of us work at night. I want my child to learn all he can and succeed in school;so please give their little brains enough time to rest in between school and home. I feel that the school has a great academic program and they just need to not put so much stress on these little ones at such a young age.

Last modified Horn Lake Intermediate School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.