No rating

Shadow Oaks Elementary School

Public | PK-2 & ungraded | 595 students

Posted July 23, 2010

I have 2 sons who attended SOES, and I will say that when my oldest moved on to Horn Lake Intermediate School, I realized just how spoiled we were with the excellent teachers and administrative staff at SOES! Both my boys had Ashley Knotts for Kindergarten, and she was most excellent. My boys both got a really strong foundation that helped them succeed every year after. I never had ANY problems out of any of the faculty at SOES, and it was a true joy and a blessing for my children to be able to attend school at SOES. I wish all the other schools in Desoto County were this fantastic!!!

Posted March 24, 2010

This was a fantastic school for my children to grow and learn. Every grade they experienced was awesome, with teachers who went that extra mile every step of the way. My children to this day still say that Ms. Young and Ms. Holland were their favorite teachers. Kudos to SOES!

Posted September 16, 2009

Great School, Great Teachers, Great place for kids to grow and develop intellectually.

Posted May 31, 2008

Shadow Oaks is an excellent school! The highly qualified staff cares about the educating of each and every student.

Posted May 30, 2008

I am going on my third year to teach Kindergarten at SOES. While I am a Highly Qualified teacher who is certified to teach K-12, I jumped at the chance to work at this school under the administration led by principal Traci Suiter and Asst. Principal, Jean Nunnally. TEAM, Together Everyone Achieves Miracles is their philosophy and it couldn't show more than in the halls of this school. There is a focus on the health and well-being of our students, as well as instructional quality. Since I have taught at this school, I have seen the overall health, attitude, and knowledge of the students grow. I am truly amazed at how each student is greeted in the hallway by the principals, teachers from all grade levels, and staff members. It is an upbeat, lovely atmosphere to work and learn in. This increases productivitiy in both students and in teachers!

Posted May 30, 2008

The Principal and staff at this school is exceptional. Everyone works together to ensure that every child gets the best education. Children love it here, teachers love it here and so do the parents!

Posted March 17, 2006

My child is in kindergarden and i think the school does exceptional on teaching and security and making sure that the students have what they need my son has Mrs. Janet Harlan and mrs.Cash and i couldnt ask for better teachers. they listen to the parents idead and keep them very involved in there day to day activities. The principle is very on task and does her best on making sure the school provides the students with the very best care and understanding that she can. I wouldnt change my childs school for anything and have one more to attend next year. christina tegethoff

Posted October 26, 2005

I would just like to say that i am a mother of three and my oldest who is now 14 went to SOES and my 11 year old and now my 6 year old. When my 11 year old started SOES he was in a wheele chair for his entire kindergaten year. This school was not handicapped equiped for wheele chairs or any thing else that pertaned to childeren that were handicapped, but the summer before school started I talked to the principal who was there at the time and before my son started there she had everything he needed in that school to be able to function. I almost didnt send my son because I was scared for him, but she helped me and assured me he would be okay and he was. I am very pleased with the way they handeld my sons situation. Thank you very much!! Mrs. Matheny

Posted July 16, 2005

I transferred my son to SOES for second grade, being told that it would be a better school for his ADHD. What a rude wake-up call! His teacher had absolutely NO coping skills, and my son barely made it through the year. For Third grade, we got very lucky and got Mrs. Nunnally for his teacher. My son got Honor Roll, all A's & B's ALL YEAR (Thanks Mrs.N!). By sheer luck, he made it through SOES. DeSoto County School District needs to ensure that their teachers are capable of dealing with special needs children, especially since ADHD is becoming fairly common. Other than a wonderful third grade teacher, SOES disappointed and frustrated me with their coldness and unconcern towards the ADHD and its needs.

Posted March 13, 2005

I have had children at this school for three years. Overall, it is an OK school. That is about the best I would call it. There is one teacher that is the best ever! The major problem with this school is that they have absolutely NO training on dealing with children with medical problems! Desoto County school board should make sure more teachers have training other than reading, writing, and the other basics!

Posted May 7, 2004

My son has gone to Shadow Oaks Elem. for 2 years. The teachers as well as the assistants are top notch and committed to providing the best learning environment possible. Security is a priority with cameras at entrances and playground.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 73%N/A71%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3780 Shadow Oaks Parkway