PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Excellent school that provides quality education!! The students at the school are challenged to perform beyond expectations.

Very well mannered classroom and enthused teachers and students! I can see the improvements in my son's academic quest. I would highly recommend Adhiambo!

As an Adhiambo alum, Morehouse grad, and current Attorney I will simply say that if not for Adhiambo, I would not have achieved what I have thus far. Adhiambo equipped us with tools that most other schools didn't. When I left Adhiambo for JPS, I was leaps and bounds above my peers. Furthermore our cultural experiences made us as diverse as any 5th grader can be. We visited everything from operas to slave castles. God bless Adhiambo, the mission, and the administration. They have definitely shaped my life and outlined a pattern for my personal success.

If you want your child to learn more about African History, that is great. But the school is not teaching your child how to compete nationally or globally. Their curriculum is not up to stardards as other great private schools in the Jackson area. The school is not diversed at all. Children need to be exposed to more diversity and culture. This school years ago had a good reputation, but now it is all about making money, while your child is getting more and more behind. I will not recommend this school.

Compared to other schools(public) in the immediate area, the school may be better. Compared to other private schools in Jackson, it is good at teaching about African-American history. This is the only benefit. The vision of the leadership of the school is limiting. I would love to see the school teach foreign languages, computer classes and incorporate project based learning to take it to the next level. You want your students to be able to compete globally--not just within a 5 mile radius.

I really enjoyed my child's first year at Adhiambo. I was really impressed with all the information they are learning. My four year loves her teacher, classmates, and the school. If you are close hands on parent, like I am, your child will learn more than the average child their age. She can count, recognize, and write numbers to one hundred; identify, spell and write at least 50 words; adding and subtraction; and every two weeks new cultural awareness. Adhiambo offers computer classes for tots learning the basics keys, functions and words. I have one problem, yet we are progressing to change it, the problem is k-5. We are making plans for expansion to 8th grade. As a first year parent, I want to continue my child's education at Adhiambo Higher School of Learning. Thank you Adhiambo Parent

Adhiambo is a wonderful school and is family friendly. The curriculumn is a little tough, but it pays off in the end; students are challenged to excell to their full potentials. The staff and teachers are great and encourage the student's independence and self-exploration.

awesome school for children and parents. great staff and excellent curriculum; has strict but structured policies; a great environment for reinforcing values, morals and a sense of self.

Adhiambo provides a great learning environment for my children. My third child will enroll in preschool this year. They excel in all subjects, but more in English and Reading.

Last modified Adhiambo School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5