PK-6 & Ungraded
Jackson, MS

Mcwillie Elementary School 4

Posted November 23, 2014
This is a great school. My daughter has a behavior problem and instead of them judging her or mistreating her, they are working with her daily with the invention program. She is not a easy child to deal with on a daily basis and I'm thankful that they are doing their best instead of moving her to another school. They care!

Mcwillie Elementary School 4

Posted June 05, 2013
This school is the only Montessori-based school in Jackson. The teachers are concerned for their students. Unfortunately they have to overcome the principal, who says all the "right" things, but is a narcissistic control freak. Ten quality, Montessori trained teachers have quit since she took over. Too bad for McWillie. It really could be a game-changing school were it not for the principal.

Mcwillie Elementary School 3

Posted July 27, 2011
McWillie has an amazing faculty, and most of the people at this school are really interested in helping kids. However, the administration is horrible. The principal is a nutjob, who yells at parents and berates everyone. I couldn't keep my daughter at McWillie after just a couple interactions with this woman. I'm really sad that we had to come to that decision, but I can't keep my child in a school with such shoddy leadership. Get someone else in there, JPS!

Mcwillie Elementary School 5

Posted February 05, 2010
I can barely contain my enthusiasm for McWillie. This school has made me a true believer in the Montessori method. Students are engaged and working towards life-long cognitive development, in a way that I never thought possible in a public school. The teachers are among the most dedicated professionals that I have ever encountered: in just about every case, they will be able to tell you exactly what your child is doing, and where they are going on a developmental spectrum. This is truly what a wonderful elementary school should be!

Posted January 21, 2010
My son has been in McWillie's Montessori program since he was in kindergarten. He's in third grade now. He has thrived at McWillie. The Open Doors program is wonderful too. Highly recommend.

Posted October 21, 2009
Both my granddaughters - ages 3-almost-4 and 8, go to McWillie Elementary; they're in the Montessori Program there. It's a great school, and the program has been wonderful for them. They are actually happy to go to school to school every day and look forward to it, and summer vacation was much too long this year for the older one because she loves her school so much!

Posted October 20, 2009
Children are taught in nurturing classrooms by outstanding teachers, The whole school community is united by our commitment to providing the very best enviroment for our terrific students.

Posted September 28, 2009
I am very proud of McWillie and the education my daughter receives. The teachers are truly dedicated to giving the children their best.

Posted September 18, 2009
McWillie is a level 5 school that boasts Montessori classrooms in addition to traditional classes and a friendly, knowledgable teachers who truly care about the students.

Posted September 17, 2009
A wonderful community of parents, teachers, and children. The instruction is excellent and parents are welcomed in the classroom.

Mcwillie Elementary School
4851 McWillie Circle, Jackson, MS  39206
Last modified Mcwillie Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcwillie Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top