Jackson, MS
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

As the school leader of Brown Elementary since 2010, I welcome all parents and community members to our school. In the past two years, the staff at Brown has worked extremely hard to ensure our students are receiving the academic, emotional, and behavioral support they need to be successful.
June 7, 2012

Brown Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2014
There's no such thing as a bad school. There's no way the building is bad. The students may be troubled but they were like that when I was at Brown. But my parents instilled in me the importance of education and I saw past that and became an accomplished young woman. Education starts at home. If there is none, of course the children won't adapt properly to the idea of learning and being socialized. I'm just saying!

Brown Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
I have to agree with the other parent this is one the worst elementary schools I've ever dealt with! The principal is sketchy and will dodge you rather than talk to you your kids can miss school they don't call to ask why. Your not welcome as a parent to come and visit as a matter of fact they have a policy that you have to make a appointment to visit and can only stay for one half hour twice a week. For a school with many failing students you would think they would want parent involvement instead they act as if they have something to hide. My daughter has always loved going to school now I have to fight with her every morning and she cries when I take her she hates this school! Our first year here probably last!

Posted July 06, 2009

Brown Elementary School 0

Posted October 02, 2008
This has to be the worst school in Jackson Ms. The principal does not serve as a good leader. He is too relaxed. Need to be firm. Most of the teachers are not caring. Too many students are not on grade level and so I have known teachers to not move on. Teachers need to be more caring, concerned and involved with the parents. This school does not like parents to come in an observe so they push parents away. Whats to hide? PTA (2007-08)----raise money for the school and who knows where it goes? No questions are asked except in whispers? However, Brown does have a good choir and music teacher. She is caring and teaches the students not only music. She is the best because she's motivated and bring out the best in students. Students will be low performers if teachers and parents don't push the students to success.

Posted July 12, 2005
I attend Brown my entire elementary years. It is a great school to attend. My son attends the school now. I could not have picked a better school for my son to start out in.

Posted February 11, 2004
- a former student
I think Brown is a really good school. I attended Brown when I was a child so now I'm considering taking my children to Brown and we are in the Madison County School district. Don't be fooled by the school's location. And I'll leave it at that!

Brown Elementary School 4

Posted January 13, 2004
Brown has quality educators and quality programs. Unfortunately there is not enough community support. This is a school on the verge of greatness. The staff is dedicated and careing.

Brown Elementary School
146 East Ash St, Jackson, MS  39202
Last modified Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top