Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My child first enrolled at Casey Elementary back in 2012. That year was a great year. The parents would receive newsletters ahead of time and would also receive weekly reports from the teachers about their child's grades, lessons, and behavior. Things have changed since then. We are getting late notices about school events and school closure during the holidays. I would have to go online and check the JPS school website to see when the kids are to return after the holidays. Casey now has a new principal and she is not very active with the parents at all. I didn't even know what she looked like until about three months ago. I'm use to meeting my child's teacher and other staff during open house or the first day of school. I've had some concerns that needed to be addressed and wanted to have a conference with the principal, but she was always out of the office. I've left notes inside her box at the office for her to contact me and she did not respond. I finally heard from her during the last three months when I first found out who she was and it was to address an issue that arose about my child and from that point on she has been constantly contacting me. Some of the things I'm contacted about don't seem reasonable and I'm beginning to wonder if it's sort of nitpicking. Some ways that I'm contacted are not by meeting it's unannounced and it's either a day or days after these issues arise. I find that very unprofessional. This hasn't a been a good year at Casey Elementary at all.

I have experienced Casey for 3 years now. Their daily routine starts together with the pledge, school's pledge--lead by students, and then morning music. There is an atmosphere of inclusion for all students. Working there as a volunteer, substitute or visiting as a relative--the expectation is respect for others at all times and work together to achieve a goal. The children are learning more than the basics in Academics, they have helped to beautify the grounds,they planted vegetable & flower gardens this school term, they work on projects of various sorts--they have school pride and a sense of belong as a result. Casey is an OLD FASHION experience that all of Americas children should have.

Both of my daughters attended Casey and we loved it! The teachers are well trained and loving. The administrators and office personnel are wonderful! It is also a very secure school.

My daughter has been attending this school for 2 years now and I can say the first year was rough for her but has she got older she got better. This is not because of the teachers,it was because of her attitude. She had loving teachers,Mrs Russell and Mrs Kinnedy. Her kindergarten teachers worked with her and we also had discussions about her attitude and work as well. She's now in the first grade and yes she has attitude problems still but it has gotten better than she was in the kindergarten. Her teachers are so on top of their game. They are really good teachers and set great examples for other schools. Thanks Casey Elementary School.

Really great elementary school. The teachers keeps you update weekly on student's progress and if you have any problems you can always speak to someone and they have it handled immediately. Quality education....

Casey is a fabulous school; both welcoming to parents and caring for students:) Highly recommend.

Casey is a small, family oriented , transfer/magnet school. My children have gone through, and the experience could never have been better. K-4 grades are superb! I hope Casey keeps the tradition going by hiring administration who genuinely care about the good of the students. Arts Education is a must in this day and time. Kudos to Casey!!!!!

A small school with small classrooms, the total student population is about 500 with an average of 15 children per class. Casey is a Model school, Whole School, Blue Ribbon school, and does a wonderful job of providing arts in every subject. In 2006, Casey won the Governor's Award for Excellence in the Arts.

Last modified Casey Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.