Posted February 20, 2014
I would give this school zero stars if I could and I go there. Chastain middle school is one of the worst schools. The teachers act just like the kids.

Chastain Middle School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
My name is Latrice and my son attends Chastain. He is getting the best education that the state has to offer. He is in accelerated classes and he loves his teachers, it's rare to find good teachers still in this system.So all said , Great School!!!!!!

Posted October 24, 2013
Great school my child attends and her grades has improved tremendously .Keep up the good work.

Posted September 01, 2012
Chastain is still a great school with awesome teachers and fantastic students. Thanks for your kind and positive comments Brittany. You were a pleasure to teach. I wish you and yours the best. Mr. C

Posted August 31, 2012
Hi my name is brittany and i am from new orleans and i went to Chastain Middle during katrina and i felt in love it the school and the teachersand 7 years later i can still say that this was the BEST school i ever went to i am now having a baby girl and when it is time for her to school i am moving back to jackson mississippi so that she can have a change at being smart ! my childs mind will be as bright as she wants it to be and better then anyone in new orleans she will be somebody and i thank Chastain for opening up my mind to new people and new places. i cried when it was time to go home the people are so sweet and welcoming they made me feel like i was from jackson mississippi

Posted July 19, 2010
I went to Chastain 2006-2008. It was one of the most embarassing schools i've ever been to. With all the commotion going on at the time, whenever I'd be out and people ask me what school i go to and I said "chastain" they would soon begin apologizing about how they've heard what a bad school this is. I hear that once upon a time this school was pretty good. In the 80's. I think they should start from scratch and have a better program when it comes to discipline because I hated the fact that school seemed like going to a zoo every day. I really begged my parents to put me in private school during those horrible 3 years of Chastian, and though they never did, I am glad that I survived such a joke of a school.

Posted April 19, 2010
Chastain's principal is clueless about teaching and learning for middle school students. This school was much better with the last principal. I feel sorry for the students who will be damaged by such a lack of leadership. This school is losing awesome teachers each year that this principal stays at this school. He has no true sense of the importance of a safe environment conducive to learning or a productive environment conducive to teaching.

Chastain Middle School 0

Posted March 02, 2010
Chastain is ...... not a bad school..... i go..... my grads are not bad it a grate school for your kid to have fun.. learn..... and more ...

Chastain Middle School 4

Posted October 12, 2009
When my child attended Chastain in the 6th grade, I was not impress with the school. I was so adamant about my child not attending this school. However, I have observed a 101% academic attitude and the A's proves it. Continue to move forward Chastain.

Chastain Middle School 0

Posted September 29, 2009
My son is in the 7th grade at Chastain this year and the excitement he has for school this year is truly contagious. I attribute this in great part to the number of great teachers he has and the support sytem Chastain is developing. I am continually impressed with how well mannered the students at teh school are and to committment of its parents, teachers and staff to make / maintain Chastain as a Great school. Chastain 'You Rock'!

Chastain Middle School
4650 Manhattan Rd, Jackson, MS  39206
Last modified Chastain Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chastain Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top