6-8 & Ungraded
Jackson, MS

Powell Middle School 0

Posted November 09, 2010
I guess I am suppose to vote, even though I'm a parent, but I like Powell Middle, because the teachers seem so much more concerned than the school my child attended last year in S C. Thanks Trogans.

Powell Middle School 0

Posted September 05, 2009
Powell is an excellent school. The academics and the teachers are great. The students are always working har to past those District and State tests. I also would like to say thanks to Mrs. McElroy(Spanish), Mrs. Lewis (Algebra), Ms. Wash (Computer Discovery), Ms. Shelby (Music), Ms. Hardy (Science), Ms. Stein ( Reading), Ms. Barnes( Language Arts), Ms. Evans (Social Studies) Mrs. Day (Math) for teaching me every thing I need to know.

Powell Middle School 4

Posted May 16, 2009
Powell is one of the best middle schools in Jackson, MS. I have worked in JPS for 13 years, but this is the best school that I have ever worked at. Dr. Bradley is one of the most caring Principals I've ever worked for. She listens to her staff, and shows real concern for the students. There is real love between the Powell staff members and the teachers work very hard to give the students everything they need to succeed in life. I love this school, the staff, and students and I hope Powell continues to stand strong.

Powell Middle School 1

Posted April 11, 2009

Powell Middle School 5

Posted July 26, 2007

Powell Middle School 2

Posted June 22, 2006
- a former student
This school is acceptable for the most part, but concerning behavior; this school is one of the worst by far! Students insist on using horrible language, bullying is constant, and students do not listen to instruction! The academics could also definitley use some improvement and parent involvement is practically invisible!

Powell Middle School 5

Posted September 27, 2005
- a former student
I went to this school while i the sixth grade (2002-2003). I was very pleased with Powell. It was fun and also educating. We did things for all of the students that attended this school. I am now in the eight grade and if it were not for Powell I don't think would have made this far. My teachers were Mr.Orr, Mrs.Crawford, Mrs.Curry, Coach Longino,Mr. Holmes, Mrs. Bernard and Mr.Lindsay. They were all very supportive in everything that the students thought were right for their education. They also gave great advice to the students who needed it. If I had the chance to go back I would. I love ya'll Powell and all of my old teachers and I miss you all.

Powell Middle School
3655 Livingston Rd, Jackson, MS  39213
Last modified Powell Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Powell Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top