6-8 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

I guess I am suppose to vote, even though I'm a parent, but I like Powell Middle, because the teachers seem so much more concerned than the school my child attended last year in S C. Thanks Trogans.

Powell is an excellent school. The academics and the teachers are great. The students are always working har to past those District and State tests. I also would like to say thanks to Mrs. McElroy(Spanish), Mrs. Lewis (Algebra), Ms. Wash (Computer Discovery), Ms. Shelby (Music), Ms. Hardy (Science), Ms. Stein ( Reading), Ms. Barnes( Language Arts), Ms. Evans (Social Studies) Mrs. Day (Math) for teaching me every thing I need to know.

Powell is one of the best middle schools in Jackson, MS. I have worked in JPS for 13 years, but this is the best school that I have ever worked at. Dr. Bradley is one of the most caring Principals I've ever worked for. She listens to her staff, and shows real concern for the students. There is real love between the Powell staff members and the teachers work very hard to give the students everything they need to succeed in life. I love this school, the staff, and students and I hope Powell continues to stand strong.

Last modified Powell Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.