6-8 & Ungraded
Kiln, MS

Posted January 31, 2014
I honestly feel the teachers hate there job and children. They are constantly disciplining and handing out "silent lunch" why don't they start using positive reinforcement. The office staff is always grouchy and I feel don't want to be there. Why don't they let some enthusiastic positive teachers work there who actually like children.

Hancock Middle School 5

Posted December 19, 2013
This school is wonderful with excellent morals and values. A great opportunity to get a great education.

Hancock Middle School 2

Posted October 18, 2012
I just removed my child from this school because he was being bullied for his religious beliefs, not only by his peers buy also by the staff. The guidance office fails to protect these children during a crucial time in their development. It appears that they are more focused on discipline than helping figure out the underlying issues of children who come to their office. The staff and faculty are rude, condescending and refuse to give you any information about their procedures and actions. My child is a straight A student who was in the gifted program and placed Advanced-Advanced on his MCT's. He was taking advanced classes in 6th grade and then in 7th was denied the opportunity to continue because we were told the advanced classes were full and that their system runs on a three year average and since our child had only been in the district for one year he automatically went to the bottom of their list. They also refused to show me information that could explain how this happened. If you are a military family or any other type of family that has to move in and out of communities for your job, do not send your kids to this school.

Posted February 27, 2012
As the grandmother of a student at Hancock Middle School, I must agree with the post written by the parent on Feb. 26. I have said it before and will again: this school concentrates on punitive measures in the treatment of students rather than the more productive actions of energizing and focusing students in an appropriate direction with interesting classes and progressive learning techniques. Too bad the tone and energies at this school can't be redirected in a more productive and rewarding direction for the benefit of all.

Posted February 26, 2012
I have had nothing but negative experiences with this school. Teachers do not communicate what so ever. Discipline is more valued than education itself. My children have no homework ever. Teachers and staff are hostile. Children are given detention over something simple like not pushing in a chair. The staff dress unprofessional and wear flip flops to school while a child is given detention for a hemline of a school uniform. School uniforms are only available at the beginning of the year making it diffucult to upkeep uniforms. Why should a child ever have discplinary record over a school uniform?!!! Cameras should be installed in every classroom to enforce proper behavior of the hostile staff

Hancock Middle School 4

Posted February 21, 2012
We transferred our child to this school and it was the best decision. The principal is quick with taking care of problems. The teachers respond in a timely manner and the office staff are very helpful. The academics are up with the other schools in southern MS.

Hancock Middle School 3

Posted July 24, 2011
Structured school with little room for students to socialize during lunch. Seating is fill in as you go in line, very limited elective choices. Teachers will not meet with you after school you must go in the morning before school or during their planning time. Academics were average and students were given little homework. No opportunities for working parents to be involved.

Hancock Middle School 5

Posted July 17, 2011
Hancock middle is a wonderful school. The teachers are very suppaortive and do their best to see that the kids succeed. Though some of the rules may seem a little ridiculous, it is a good school. The students don't receive very much homework either.

Posted June 27, 2011
The teachers here use scare tactics, they keep saying the 7th grade teachers are going tear us apart next year and that if we don't work harder we will fail this year and that are life depended on every test. One of the teachers call out all of our grades then yells at the student's that got a bad grade. She said that she might see some of us again next year. She scared all of us, we were afraid that we might fail the MCT2.

Posted October 19, 2010
This school was terrible! I withdrew my children after 3 months. The test scores are great, but that is not the only thing that makes a school. This school has a problem with bullying that goes beyond the normal kids will be kids. The teachers and the administration turn their heads to it and when you talk to them about it, they turn it back on your child. I would never send my kids back to this school, and I would not encourage anyone to send their child here. I was fooled by this being rated a 9. I would like to give this school no stars.

Hancock Middle School
7070 Stennis Airport Dr, Kiln, MS  39556
Last modified Hancock Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hancock Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top