9-12 & Ungraded
Kiln, MS
Students enrolled: 1,326

Posted September 11, 2010
i am a freshmen at hhs and i believe that it is a little bit better than others in hancock but it has some ups and downs... UPS 1) a very good selection of clubs and activities that go a great job at making hhs a better place) 2)a very devoted princepal and assistent princepals 3)keeps a steady pace with education (even if it is slow) DOWNS 1)dress code; it is a hassle if you dye your hair with highlights wear skulls of any kind or simply wear the wrong color shirt. you are going to get written up. no questions asked. 2)bus; there are so many students at this school that the busses are having to put middle school kids with high school and there is 3 to 4 kids in one seat. i dont know that this is normal but it gets hot esp. when you dont have an.................................................

Hancock High School 3

Posted August 04, 2009

Posted August 03, 2009

Posted October 25, 2008
I just wonder if the student who keeps posting negative remarks about HHS teachers just takes the 'easy' teachers since he says he says he has all A's. That is the major problem at HHS; there are some very good teachers, who geniunely teach, and then there are some teachers who just play on their computers, chat on their cell phones, and pass out worksheets and never really teach. Also, I would like to know if he has all A's why he believes the teachers aren't understanding. Is seems like he must have very understanding teachers. Or is it that he late to class, or does he make excuses and expect teachers to fall for them, or does he want everything to be his way. Hancock could be a great deal better; maybe this posters should join the student council and work to see that changes are made.

Hancock High School 3

Posted October 08, 2008
I would like a chance to validate my post on Sept. 18th. For one thing, I personally do very well in school. I make straight A's, I have never gotten in trouble, and the fact that my spelling skills aren't top-notch doesn't make my opinion any less valuable. I agree that the last principal let most of us off way too easily, but I think the new one was over-doing it a little at the beggining of the school year. However, I may have over-reacted. He has calmed down since then, and I do actually appreciate the level of discipline. Unfortunately, I still feel like the education here definantly could be improved. I would still like to see more emphasis placed on extra-curricular activities, and I feel like the teachers can often be unfair and not understanding enough. Hancock could be a lot worse, but it could also a lot better.

Hancock High School 1

Posted September 18, 2008
As a student, I have to deal with the utter rediculousness of this school everyday. For one, the discipline is out of control. I understand that discipline is necessary, but it is horrible when the obsession with descipline hinders the education. I personally had to miss half of the first day of school because I was wearing the wrong shade of red shirt. Learning here is neither fun nor creative and every student dreads coming. The teachers just don't care anymore, and would rather send someone to the office at the drop of a hat, then help them. Students are in constant fear of getting in trouble for silly things like the wrong color under-shirt. Some of the rules that the new principle is very strictly enforcing are rediculous and unnessary... A tiny logo on our shirts is not going to harm anyone's education! I hate this school.

Posted September 14, 2008
I have to agree with the person who posted a comment on September 10th, 2008. We are seeing so many wonderful and exciting new ideas coming to life this year. Two thumbs way up to the outstanding new band director!! He's the perfect blend of intelligence, talent, discipline, and fun. The band program has improved tremendously in a very short time. Also, must say the advanced classes and higher level classes are challenging even for the brightest kids. Good teachers, much improved leadership!

Hancock High School 0

Posted September 10, 2008
Things have come a long way at this school.I know becasue I see it everyday. There are great things happening . New principals that aren't jokes, the new A.D. is doing a great job, a new head coach who actually cares, teachers who want the best for the students and hard working guidance counselors. Again, great things are happening at Hancock. Hawk Pride!

Hancock High School 5

Posted April 18, 2008

Hancock High School 0

Posted March 20, 2008
Hancock High School has many outstanding teachers. Its problem is the lack of educational leadership. All three principals are weak. They rarely make decisions that they stand behind. The head principal is a joke. Has no clue what should be nor what is going on on the campusl

Hancock High School
7084 Stennis Airport Dr, Kiln, MS  39556
Last modified Hancock High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hancock High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top