K-6 & Ungraded
Laurel, MS

Posted March 21, 2011
My grandson started kindergarten here this year. He really enjoys it and loves his teacher. I see nothing wrong with the school

East Jones Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2011
My Grandchild started kindergarden here this year and we are very dissappointed in this school ..the teacher also has issues and has caused my grandchild to never want to go to this school again so I am in the process of selling my home to get out of this school district... and the school is full of headlice.

Posted October 10, 2010
All the teachers my son has had have been great-helpfull,encouraging,motivating.The office employees are the same.My son really enjoys going to school and learning here.

Posted May 17, 2008
It is a great school & I've been very impressed with my child's teachers. They seem to really care!

Posted February 14, 2008
This is a great school with wonderful teachers. I have had nothing but a great experience with EJE. The teachers just love their students and it shows! It is a beautiful school inside and out.

Posted September 18, 2006
My daughter is in the third grade this year. Every year at EJE has been very enjoyable. Each teacher has been enthusiastic in her approach to teaching. The principals encourage and appreciate parents willing to sacrifice their time and talent to help the teachers and children at EJE. I am thankful for that. This year a new music teacher was hired. She has already had the third graders sing at a PTO meeting. My daughter is truly excited about learning music in class. I look forward to the next three years at EJE.

Posted July 27, 2005
my son went to kindergarten last year and will go to first grade this year at east. i love the teachers and principals. i am glad that my kids go there. he had a wonderful teacher and had no problems. we love it.

Posted December 12, 2004
I have two children at EJE.I have a child in Sped, his teacher is Mrs.Bonner. She is a great teacher,it is the rest of his teachers that act very unconcerned. My other son is in 3rd grade,he has a wonderful teacher , luckily.I think that most of the problem in this school is with Dr. Terri White. She is very unconcerned about anything other than herself. I also think that the parents should be aware of the privacy being taken away from there children.The custodains keep all bathroom doors open so everyone walking by can see the children both boys and girls.The custodians, which are all women, clean the bathrooms while the children are in there. Even the boys.My child has had to use the bathroom while women were in there. He is 11. I think that is wrong. That should not be in there.

East Jones Elementary School 1

Posted November 10, 2004
I' am very displeased with EJE all four of my children have gone to this school and out of four they put three in sped I asked to have my son tested in 1 grade they said he must fail first to get tested well he's now in fifth grade with his little sister and I just got a call from the teacher who I sent a letter to asking why his grades are N/A she said he just wont do the work (back in my day we couldn't just sit there and not do work ) After 9 weeks of not doing work she calls me only when asked to There has to be some kind of Accountability for these teachers. Worried Mother Of Four

Posted October 28, 2004
i have nothing but good things to say about the faculty at EJE I have a daughter and son that attends school here and I can honestly say that these teachers care about the children in this school. These teachers are commited to excellence in education and that is what our children need. My son is in kindergarten and has some learning problems and I could not ask for a better teacher than who he has. My doughter is in the 3rd gradeand she has an awesome teacher. The principals and teachers of this school treat each child as if they are their own. D.Adams

108 Northeast Dr, Laurel, MS  39443
Last modified East Jones Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Jones Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top