7-12 & Ungraded
Laurel, MS
Students enrolled: 1,343

Posted May 01, 2010
I loved this school!!! I am a graduate from West and my children attend now. I have always been pleased with the quality of the academics and electives offered. The teachers and administrators are often strict, but in this day and age that is a blessing. I feel safe with my kids here and feel thankful that they make it tough on them. A high workload can be a great thing. College won't be a piece of pie either. I feel that they are being prepared for real life. In our home, we support the administrative staff and 'bleed green'!

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted July 25, 2009
As a graduate of wjh I have to say it really is the best of the county schools the facuility and staff really helped me in my education experience to become the person i am today GO MUSTANGS! once a mustang always a mustang

Posted July 23, 2008
Out of all the schools I have attended West beats them all! Its athletic program is amazing! The staff cares greatly about test scores. FIghts is hardly ever a problem here. It is a large school so there is always a place where anyone can fit in! It is a fairly large school. With its recent remodel it is in perfect shape! It is very nice and very well kept in order. The principals care and do their job. No one is ever left behind in my opinion!

Posted April 27, 2008
As a graduate and former student, I feel that West is a terrific school. Great teachers , students, and an administration that cares. It also has top notch athletic programs.

West Jones High School 3

Posted December 18, 2007
I currently attend West Jones, and am, at the moment, dissatisfied. There is no freedom to be yourself. Pink or blue or any other 'distracting' color is unacceptable. The head principal, Mr. Herrington, is the worst principal I have ever seen. Even though we do have an excellent football team and program, what about the other sports and activities? I am in the band, and our money is in very very short supply. Activities and such are great at this school, but in my own opinion, this school overall, is nothing to brag about.

Posted July 30, 2007

Posted July 10, 2007

Posted February 16, 2006
- a former student
I graduated from West Jones and from the student's point of view, Yes, West has its problems the same as any other school. But this school prepared me for college and for life. I got a great education as well as had tremendous school spirit and loved my school and there was an overall feeling of this. The AP program is exceptional and the school offers many ways of getting involved. Students are educated very well. The work is sometimes overwhelming in the AP classes, but the students Choose that class it is not required so they know what they are getting into. West Jones prepared me for college and life. In every aspect.

West Jones High School 4

Posted June 30, 2004
One son graduated a year ago, the other is in tenth grade. The opportunities here are excellent for academics, sports, and arts. Test scores are a major concern for the administration. Sometimes too much so. The arts program is exceptional. Some old-timer teachers need to retire! The district requires too many classes for the honors program limiting the student's opportunity to experience many of the elective classes. Overall, a great school that we are proud to be in.

West Jones High School
254 Springhill Rd, Laurel, MS  39443
Last modified West Jones High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Jones High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top