9-12 & Ungraded
Lexington, MS

J J Mc Clain High School 5

Posted December 07, 2011
I graduated out of the class of 2008 and I love and miss my high! McClain high school has it ups and downs but I'm glad I attended J.J. That is what one of my college history teacher call it "J.J" since she use to teach at the school. It seem like after I graduated from McClain, the school district has upgrade some. I hope they one day decide to make a new football field with better bleachers lol.

Posted March 02, 2010
J.J.McClain High School is the best school in holmes county it have the best band for real.

Posted February 18, 2010
I am also a graduate of McClain. Honestly, the people who are proud of McClain have no choice because they have not been exposed to what a good school system should consist of. Since it is pretty much the only school in Lexington, the parents have no choice but to send their kids there, and they honestly dont care otherwise. I could go on and on about the negativity of this school, but I'm sure i dont have to, since others writing and reading these reviews can relate to me and fill in the blanks.

J J Mc Clain High School 5

Posted October 07, 2009
I am a senior at mcclain high school it is a very good school academic and sports wise i support and love my school...Go mustangs!

Posted July 28, 2009
i am a parent of one child that attend jj Mc clain i am proud of Mc clain i also attend Mc clain school.but there are something we need help with more school activities to help keep our girls and boys out of jail.and parents also need to get more involve in school activities . A parent

J J Mc Clain High School 3

Posted September 24, 2008
JJ McClain has proven over the years that it's academic rigor is enough to become successful in many areas. There are successful Medical Personnel (Doctors, Nurses),Lawyers and Several High Ranking Military Officers. The alumni occupying these positons would never trade McClain for another school. There was discipline and that was the foundation even more than strickly academics. The teachers cared and instilled a winning team player/builder additude in students willing to learn. Yes, Lexington is a small town but filled with teachers and administrators who care about students.

J J Mc Clain High School 4

Posted May 30, 2007
I am a parent of two children that attend Holmes County Schools. I am very proud of the school system as a whole. Some things could be better but all schools have something that they can improve on. I have attended other schools in Mississippi and other states that was beautiful inside and out but there was no difference in teaching styles or methods. There may have been more extracurricular activities but when it comes to graduation the are not tested on those classes. They are tested on English, Algebra, U.S. History, Biology. If you can get the basic fundamental that are taught in school, I believe you can make it anywhere.

Posted March 18, 2006
I am a student that used to fo to JJ McClain High School, I beleive if the students will get something that catches there attention in schoolwork, they would be more interested in their work. Also, if the district will provide more classes than what they have it will also benefit the students body as a whole. I believe because I once was a student there until I moved and. When I saw how teachers and students at a city school reacted towards one another I was amazed. Since, I care about J.J. McClain High School and I am willing to share my opinions. Thank you.

9479 Brozville Rd, Lexington, MS  39095
Last modified J J Mc Clain High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J J Mc Clain High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top