Amite School Center 4

Posted January 06, 2010
Our school may not have numbers, tons of money, or the best of anything really, but I would not want to attend any other school unless i absolutely had to. I have teachers that will work with me until I understand , no matter how long it takes. I'll admit , we have our drawbacks and we need to work to fix them if we want our A.S.C to have a decent reputation. For example, get the students to clean up the campus sometimes. There is WAY too much litter!!! There are also other issues that need to be addressed, but our headmaster and staff know what they are. Regardless of these things, though, I love our school and want to graduate, go to college, and let my children come to ASC.

Posted August 20, 2009
my son recently graduated from ASC and I have nothing but good to say about the teachers and staff there. they provide a safe and comfortable atmosphere and make you feel like family !!!!

Posted March 16, 2009
On a scale from 1 to 5 I may would give it a 2.5. Mainly because of the unconcernerd teachers my younger child has received. There are some wonderful teachers in the upper elementary and jr. high but the lower elementary teachers fall way short. And the price just keeps going up!!!

Posted September 26, 2008
This school is great! I'm proud to be apart of this school in this small town of Liberty, MS. The headmaster is the best, Mr. Dan Brewer. I really hope this school keeps going strong like it has for the past 38 years!

Amite School Center 4

Posted August 21, 2008
As an alumni of ASC I have to say that it was a great school. It is in a small town and almost everyone knows everyone else. I have had one child to graduate and I have another that is still there. My oldest child was afraid that she did not get the education there that she should have. She didn't think that she could compete with other students coming from larger schools. Her first year at a University (Freshman Year - skipped Jr College) she was on the Dean's list. You get out what you put in.

Amite School Center 3

Posted December 14, 2007
This is a good school. This is a very safe school.. you will not have a need for metal detectors here and the teachers are teaching for the right reasons. I know of many graduates of this school who are doing extremely well financially many who have 6 digit incomes. The school does not utilize it's alumni resources as many schools do or some of the 'outdated' text books and computers could be replaced. I taught at Amite School Center and can truely recommend it as a top school in the area.

Posted October 03, 2007

Posted July 31, 2006

Posted January 24, 2006
- a former student
The other comments listed about ASC are simply incorrect. As a former student and graduate, myself as well as most of my other classmates have gone on to successful professional careers. ASC should not be confused with ACS which is the Amite County Public School. ASC is Amite School Center, a private school with a much higher percentage of successful college graduates.

Posted December 08, 2004
We attended this school for only a few months. the reason it was so short of time is the materials used at this school are 10+ years old. The instructors did not instruct well. Another example of the insufficient education, what was introduce to the students in grade 5, my child was introduced to in the 3rd grade and mastered in the 4th grade. The local community college, when spoken to instructors, stated the issue of having to 'lower the standards' for those comming from this school because they were not where they needed to be as far as knowledge. Also, there is a huge social issue here that can become somewhat horrible at times. This is also prevelant in the lower grades. I will never send my children back to this school.

Amite School Center