9-12 & Ungraded
Long Beach, MS

Long Beach Senior High School 3

Posted November 14, 2011
Looking forward to getting to know my daughters teacher etc. , Because I have not been contacted by your facility yet . Looking to hearing for you soon . Mr. Dorrin

Posted August 14, 2010
Superb academics and a great extracurricular activities program. Very welcoming and friendly for all new students. No. 2 academic scores in the state and not far from No. 1 by only a few percentage points. Academic programs are very rigorous, lots of ap classes in all disciplines and very competitive sports programs. Seems to have extracurriculars for just about every type of interest as well as some different science disciplines(marine science/zoology, etc.)

Long Beach Senior High School 2

Posted June 19, 2010
Even though I ask for help, I mostly get promises, they would rather blame child than take actions.

Posted September 24, 2009
I have children in both the Long Beach High School and the Biloxi High School. The attendance policy is ludicrous at LBH. Children miss similar days for similar reasons and Long Beach makes you go through hoops to get your child back in good graces. Biloxi has similar policies but used common sense and considered the entire situatiuon. Keep in mind, my child at LBHS has over a 3.5 GPA and LBHS still threatened not to give credit for the class. I did have a doctor's excuse but was not delivered within 5 days. The principle has an attitude and makes you feel unwelcomed to speak to her as if you are on trial. There are many teachers at both LBHS and BHS that deserve much appreciation and I thank them!

Posted January 18, 2009
I think the schools are very good. Given the traum of Hurrican Katrina I feel they are doing quite well. I love the super arts programs, especially the exceptionnal chorirs. The academic standards are high and the doors are open to parents.

Long Beach Senior High School 4

Posted May 02, 2007
I am not a native of LB. Having moved here from Memphis, I was concerned about academics. I was very pleased to find LBHS to be competitive with the school my son attended in Memphis. In response to the attendance policy, parent notes are allowed if the child does not see a physician. Chronic attendance problems are not tolerated, though. The heart of the staff for the students is commendable. For lack of funding and an old facility, my child received a good education and was ready for college.

Long Beach Senior High School 2

Posted December 14, 2006
This school attendance policy is ludicrous. As a parent, you basically have no say so when it comes to your child's absences. Sometimes a child is not well enough to attend school, but a doctor's visit is not necessary. As a parent, you would think you would have this discretion, but not at Long Beach High. If your child has medical appts to attend, you may want to home school them or send them elsewhere; otherwise, you might find yourself in front of a 'board' explaining why your child's absences should be excused...unless you are in the 'LB good ole boy network'. Long Beach was once a top notch school, back when I attended, but the administration in place now has done an excellent job of screwing that up!

Posted March 31, 2006
As a past student of LBHS, I know firsthand the impact that this wonderful high school has had on me. No, the extracurriculars are not limited- there are many different clubs and activities offered to students and most go with very dedicated teachers. Yes, the school is a little worn out- but the excellent teachers and falculty make up for any problems. This school has character! I will be sending my children there!

Posted November 29, 2005
The academic program at LBHS is rigorous. Teachers pride themselves on providing a quality of education to each child. Students are given experiences that help relate what they are learning in the classroom to real life applications. Students are encouraged to be involved in sports or activities, offering around 40 different types of clubs at the high school alone. The level of parent involvement is low. Many of the students are very indepedent. Parents are notified about the activities, but, due to busy schedules and other parental obligations, the involvement of parents is not impressive. As with anything in life, there are a strong few who do whatever is asked and are always there to help and show support; and, there are others that never show up.

Posted September 30, 2005
I am a student at LBHS and personally i think it is an awsome school. I have been to a number of different schools within the state of Mississippi and I think Long Beach is the best. As soon as I came into the school people welcomed me and the classes are better than some i've attended. The extra cirriculars- just the basic softball,football, soccer,basketball...and there are only 2 choices for foreign language but theres a whole bunch of different art classes, a few speech classes, all sorts of different sciences to choose from (zoology,marine science) and plenty of other classes. There is also vo-tech. which is where you take courses at a nearby campus, those courses include things such as auto body, mechanics, different computer courses, ect) and as for clubs..there is debate, aeonian mount(which is like a annually published chronicle with art work, photography, and writings of the students.

300 East Old Passroad, Long Beach, MS  39560
Last modified Long Beach Senior High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Long Beach Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top