No rating

St Joseph Catholic School

Private | 7-12 | 460 students

Posted July 18, 2012

I have two children in this school and it has to be the best in the area. It has a wonderful combination of academics, faith formation, and athletics. The teachers are excellent and really care about the students. The leadership is very strong and articulate. The school prepares students very well with many attending some of the finest colleges in the nation after graduation. A great value.

Posted June 14, 2012

This is a wonderful school. I see the silly, and mostly adolescent, postings about unfair teachers and snobby students but these comments could not be further from the truth. My grandchildren were in the 8th and 10th grades when they transferred to St. Joe and it has been both a heartwarming and intellectual experience. The students are the most accepting and welcoming we have ever encountered and the faculty and staff are always willing to go the extra mile. The academic curriculum can be challenging, particularly in the honors and advanced courses, but the college preparatory foundation is excellent. The arts and music are emphasized and their performing arts center is second to none...and the sports program has consistently been named the best in the state in its class. After 4 years at the school, count me as a huge fan!

Posted June 9, 2012

This school is terrible!! Kids are snobby, teachers are unfair and unkind, and I wouldn't wish that my worst enemie would go to this school!! I wish I didn't even have to give this 1 star!!

Posted April 21, 2012

St. Joe is by far the worst school in the state. It is really in debt and the teachers are terrible. Then, the teachers will give out test that the students are unprepared for. The public schools in the area are most likely better than this school and I am sending my child to Rosa Scott next year. If i was a parent considering St. Joe I'd advise against it.

Posted February 23, 2012

St. Joe is awesome. It is a wonderful atmosphere for Christians and students with an open heart and mind. The teachers are kind, helpful, and there for the students. The administrators and teachers are willing to sacrifice pay in order to give the students a well-rounded perspective throughout life. Although there are 8 classes, more knowledge is gained and the schedule isn't as tiring as it seems. Everyday, students have a place where they can express themselves, not be judged, and learn valuable life lessons.. not just math and science. That place is St. Joe. Paws Paws, Baby, Tails Tails. Go Bruins!

Posted December 30, 2011

Rip off don't ever send your child here keep your thousand of dollars a year, you could learn more at a public school or a better private school. It seems as if the school as gone down over the years: horrible teachers, mean administrators, snobby kids, and money hungry activities. This is supposed to be a christian environment..well think again.

Posted October 13, 2010

small class size, Christian environment

Posted April 26, 2010

This school is terrible and needs improvement. Students are snobby, and are involved in drugs. Most teachers are also snobby and take sides of the students who have more money. i have no complaints on the principal, Mr. Heller. He is a great man and does his best. Catholic schools are supposed to show that everyone is equal but they always leave out others for either money, grades, and how much there parents are involved in the school I do not recommend this school!!!! It is terrible!!!!!! It is not worth the money AT ALL. My child and her friends would come home every day complaining. They also have 9 classes. and i think 8 each day. That is too much for a teenager's mind. They also have no break all day and a 20 minute lunch.

Posted November 21, 2009

I went to st.joe for several years and its an ok school i did learn alot of things but compared to the other private schools in the metro area..i could have learned a little bit more...some of the adminstration isnt the nicest and some of the social aspect arent really that good, but overall its and ok school

Posted February 28, 2008

It's my senior year!! YAY!! but at the same time :( St. Joe is my home. When I was sick they sent me cards. When I was slacking they picked me up and carried me through it. We might not be srong in some sports, but we are strong in faith and spirit! God has put St. Joe in my path so I can get the best education. Mr. Heller, you mean the world to me dude. Gah, the teachers haha don't get me started haha..they are the bomb! I would die to keep that school running! Catholic Schools Rule!!! Parents who read this, St. Joseph isn't only here to give your kids a great Catholic education, but a loving home. It's open to anyone! I'll miss St. Joe, but it will live strong in my heart forever. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless, Gordon McMullin '08
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 4, 2007

It's a pretty awesome school. They teach us well
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 24, 2006

My son graduated 2005. He has finished his freshman yr. and St. Joe really prepared him for college in all phases. He was on the 4 yr. consecutive state champ soccer team ('02,03,04 & 05). I am grateful for the teachers who prepared him well. My hats off to Mr. Heller who takes time to talk to each student and know each & every one of them by name and personality. St. Joe is honored to have him as principal. The academic programs are top notch. He took drama for one year, but chose Art. He enjoyed both and really was torn between the two. The only improvement could be more parent involvement. It was the case that the same parents did most of the work during his time there. Please don't be a 'drop off' parent. It will enrich your life & show your child you care.

Posted September 5, 2004

We are pleased with the experience we've had at St. Joe, despite the fact that our child is not currently attending the school. The principal is caring and fair, and most of the teachers are as well. Great spiritual aspect, and strong parent participation.

Posted February 23, 2004

Great school, fairness with all students by prinicpal. Principal knows every child by name and cares about their life in school. Challenging courses with honors and AP classes in various subjects. 100% graduation rate going on to higher education. Good student/teacher ratio. Teachers almost always available after/before school for questions or tutoring. Mens soccer team has won 3 consecutive state championships 2002,03,04. Swim team has won individual state championship two years consecutively 02, 03. Golf team won state champ 2002-03. Tennis doubles state champ 02-03, state champs in 01-02.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (601) 898-4807

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Jackson

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

Po Box 2027