Madison, MS

Posted July 18, 2012
I have two children in this school and it has to be the best in the area. It has a wonderful combination of academics, faith formation, and athletics. The teachers are excellent and really care about the students. The leadership is very strong and articulate. The school prepares students very well with many attending some of the finest colleges in the nation after graduation. A great value.

Posted June 14, 2012
This is a wonderful school. I see the silly, and mostly adolescent, postings about unfair teachers and snobby students but these comments could not be further from the truth. My grandchildren were in the 8th and 10th grades when they transferred to St. Joe and it has been both a heartwarming and intellectual experience. The students are the most accepting and welcoming we have ever encountered and the faculty and staff are always willing to go the extra mile. The academic curriculum can be challenging, particularly in the honors and advanced courses, but the college preparatory foundation is excellent. The arts and music are emphasized and their performing arts center is second to none...and the sports program has consistently been named the best in the state in its class. After 4 years at the school, count me as a huge fan!

Posted June 09, 2012
This school is terrible!! Kids are snobby, teachers are unfair and unkind, and I wouldn't wish that my worst enemie would go to this school!! I wish I didn't even have to give this 1 star!!

Posted April 21, 2012
St. Joe is by far the worst school in the state. It is really in debt and the teachers are terrible. Then, the teachers will give out test that the students are unprepared for. The public schools in the area are most likely better than this school and I am sending my child to Rosa Scott next year. If i was a parent considering St. Joe I'd advise against it.

Posted February 23, 2012
St. Joe is awesome. It is a wonderful atmosphere for Christians and students with an open heart and mind. The teachers are kind, helpful, and there for the students. The administrators and teachers are willing to sacrifice pay in order to give the students a well-rounded perspective throughout life. Although there are 8 classes, more knowledge is gained and the schedule isn't as tiring as it seems. Everyday, students have a place where they can express themselves, not be judged, and learn valuable life lessons.. not just math and science. That place is St. Joe. Paws Paws, Baby, Tails Tails. Go Bruins!

Posted December 30, 2011
Rip off don't ever send your child here keep your thousand of dollars a year, you could learn more at a public school or a better private school. It seems as if the school as gone down over the years: horrible teachers, mean administrators, snobby kids, and money hungry activities. This is supposed to be a christian environment..well think again.

Posted October 13, 2010
small class size, Christian environment

Posted April 26, 2010
This school is terrible and needs improvement. Students are snobby, and are involved in drugs. Most teachers are also snobby and take sides of the students who have more money. i have no complaints on the principal, Mr. Heller. He is a great man and does his best. Catholic schools are supposed to show that everyone is equal but they always leave out others for either money, grades, and how much there parents are involved in the school I do not recommend this school!!!! It is terrible!!!!!! It is not worth the money AT ALL. My child and her friends would come home every day complaining. They also have 9 classes. and i think 8 each day. That is too much for a teenager's mind. They also have no break all day and a 20 minute lunch.

St Joseph Catholic School 0

Posted November 21, 2009
I went to st.joe for several years and its an ok school i did learn alot of things but compared to the other private schools in the metro area..i could have learned a little bit more...some of the adminstration isnt the nicest and some of the social aspect arent really that good, but overall its and ok school

Posted February 28, 2008
It's my senior year!! YAY!! but at the same time :( St. Joe is my home. When I was sick they sent me cards. When I was slacking they picked me up and carried me through it. We might not be srong in some sports, but we are strong in faith and spirit! God has put St. Joe in my path so I can get the best education. Mr. Heller, you mean the world to me dude. Gah, the teachers haha don't get me started haha..they are the bomb! I would die to keep that school running! Catholic Schools Rule!!! Parents who read this, St. Joseph isn't only here to give your kids a great Catholic education, but a loving home. It's open to anyone! I'll miss St. Joe, but it will live strong in my heart forever. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless, Gordon McMullin '08

St Joseph Catholic School
Po Box 2027, Madison, MS  39130
Last modified St Joseph Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
St Joseph Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top